Chapter 32: Repaid

The others finally caught up as I was about to climb on board. I looked at them.

"W-What happened? Where's Peter?" Gamora asked.

I was just mad now. I know I probably had a hard look on my face. I looked up at the ship. "Up there with that bastard. Now, I'm going to get him. Sorry but I'm the one who gets Peter, okay? He saved me from a cell once so now it's my turn to pay him back."

Everyone nodded. "Let's go then." Drax said. I nodded in agreement.

The ship was low enough to get on board. So, we all got on the ship. It was pretty big. Nothing too fancy though. There was almost nothing on the ship except blueprints and cogs and gears strewn about the floor. I didn't care if I was loud. As far as I heard, Zadimus was alone.

The others went in a different direction. I had no idea where Peter would be though. That's when I was reminded of the time when I was singing in my cell and Peter joined in my singing. Maybe that would work too.

Do you remember

The 21st night of September

Love was changing the minds of pretenders

While chasing the clouds away

I didn't really hear any response. So, I kept going.

Our hearts were ringing

In the keys that our souls were singing

As we danced in the night

remember

how the stars stole the night away

That's when I heard the sound of shuffling and humming. I smiled a little.

Hey, hey, hey

Ba de ya

Say do you remember

Ba de ya

Dancing in September

Ba de ya

Never was a cloudy day

I could hear someone singing along with me very close nearby. I turned a corner and saw him. It was Peter. I smiled and ran to his cell. "Peter!"

-Peter's P.O.V.-

Zadimus had put me in a cell to make sure I wouldn't be able to run away or anything. At first, I was worried about Suzie. But, then I kind of realized that she's a lot tougher than she looks. So, I knew she wouldn't break down.

I heard soft singing coming towards my cell. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. God, I loved this girl. She was singing September again. Just like that day in the alley. Of course, being me, I just had to sing along.

Then, I saw her turn the corner and see me. She grinned and ran over to my cell. "Peter!" She cried.

"Suzie! Where have you bee? You missed the party and everything." I smiled.

"Oh dang it. I thought I was going to be late but not that late. Besides, I have a promise to keep and a debt to be repaid." She started looking at the cell door. "Wow. This guy is old school. This is like a cell door in a prison on Earth. This'll be easy then."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a bobby pin. She started to bend it and twist it. When she was done, she began picking the lock. It didn't really take her long. When the cell door swung open, I picked her up in my arms and spun her around, hugging her close. She laughed and hugged me back tightly.