Chapter 9: Dark Aster

As we were flying towards the hole in the ship that Rocket had made, we took a hit.

"Rocket! We won't make it! There's too many of them!" Gamora said. As she said that, the Nova Corps came to our rescue. The leader of the Nova Corps told Peter that they were here to help.

"They got my dick message!" Peter grinned as he looked at us. I laughed.

"Oh, and for the record, I advised against trusting you. Prove me wrong." Saal, the leader, said. Peter then flew into the Dark Aster. Of course, it was a rough landing. We were sliding across the ship and shooting Ronan's goons.

The entire time, Drax was laughing like a maniac. We all looked at him like he way crazy. When we finally stopped sliding, Drax was still laughing. We all looked at each other and with slightly terrified expressions. Then, we got out of the Milano.

I pulled out one of my pistols that was on a holster on my hip. Then, I grabbed a knife from my boot. We began to move.

"It is so dark. I can barely see anything." Drax whispered. Hearing this, Groot suddenly released these tiny little plants that emit light. "When did you learn that?" Drax asked in awe.

"I'm pretty sure the answer is, 'I am Groot'..." Peter looked around at the lights.

"Groot, you're awesome." I smiled at him. He smiled back.

We continued on, until we ran into Nebula. I narrowed my eyes. "Hey, Gamora?" I said.

"Not now, Suzanne." Gamora was staring down Nebula.

"I'm just saying, if you can't kill her because she's your sister, that's okay. Just let me know and I will gladly do it." I spat.

Peter grabbed my arms, as if to hold me back. "Come on, let's go." He turned me away and we left Gamora to fight on her own.

We went into a room and were met with three guys. One had white eyes and stared down Peter. "Star-Lord."

"Finally." Peter grinned. I laughed quietly. Then, Peter put on his helmet. I ran at a few guys. I slid and cut their knees, making them fall to the ground. I jumped up and shot a guy in the face as I landed.

I spun and shot another guy. I saw a knife flying my way. I turned my body to the side, dodging it. I pulled out my other knife in my boot. I threw it at the guy who threw a knife at me. It was planted in his head. I heard someone yelling as they ran up behind me. Without even turning to look or move, I raised my gun and shot the guy running at me in the head. I heard a body fall to the ground. I went over to the guy I killed with my knife.

I pulled my knife out of his head. I put it back in my boot. I looked over and saw that everyone was staring at me. "What?" I asked.

"That was...awesome." Peter said.

"Thanks." I smiled. "Let's go." We kept walking.

-later-

We waited for Gamora to open the door. Suddenly, it opened and we went into the room, seeing more of Ronan's goons. I saw a hole blow through the ground and Gamora jump up. She shot the guys. Then, we continued again.

That's when we saw Ronan. He had used the Infinity Stone to break a blockade made by the Nova Corps. Peter held the Hadron Enforcer and aimed it at Ronan. Ronan slowly turned. Then, Peter shot it.

Smoke filled the room. Peter pressed the button behind his ear and his mask disappeared.

"You did it!" Drax smiled.

Then, the smoke cleared and we saw Ronan still standing there. Peter looked at Gamora and I. Ronan raised his hammer and all of us flew in different directions. I was flung into a metal, my head smacking against it. I groaned. My vision was wavering. I was doing my best to keep my eyes open. I felt blood trickle down the side of my face. Then, I heard another crash. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rocket's ship crashing inside of the Dark Aster. It made a piece of the Dark Aster crash down beside me. Small fires were across the ground.

"-ie. Suzie." I heard someone calling out my name. Without moving, I looked around. I saw Peter making his way over to me.

"Hey..." I whispered.

"Just hang on, Suzie." Peter ducked under the piece of rubble and got to me.

"Is Rocket okay?" I asked.

"He's with Groot. He's fine. Now come on, I'm gunna get you outta here." He draped one of my arms onto his shoulders. He put his arm under my legs and the other held my back. He picked me up. He was carrying me bridal style.

"I owe you again." I muttered. "Sorry that I keep getting in trouble."

"It's not your fault. Don't worry about it." Peter crouched down under another piece of rubble.

"Hey, Peter?"

"Yeah?" He looked down at me.

"You're doing a great job today." I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled a little. Then, we were with the others. Peter laid me down on the ground gently. We could feel the Dark Aster plummeting towards the ground. That's when Groot turned into a branch ball to protect us. He released a few of the light plants in the ball. I looked around in awe. Rocket was up.

"No, Groot! You can't. You'll die." Rocket was standing in front of Groot, tears in his eyes.

Groot made a vine/branch wipe away one of Rocket's tears. "We, are Groot." Rocket let another tear fall and that's when we felt the impact.

My back and chest hurt and the explosion from the impact burned my skin a little. I was in the fetal position. I heard a ringing in my ears and I widened my eyes to try and clear my vision. I opened my mouth and my jaw popped.

I heard sudden, scared screams. I looked up with a groan and saw Ronan walking out of the Dark Aster with his hammer that held the Infinity Stone.

"Behold! Your guardians of the galaxy!" I groaned loudly as I got up. I wasn't going to give up. Not until I was dead.

I stood up, clenching my fists.

"Like my father, and my father before him!" Ronan yelled.

"Oh shut up about that already! We get it, you had parents and grandparents! Good for you! Everyone does! You shouldn't let that choose who you are! But, I know, either way, you would turn out to be a jackass." I shouted. He turned to me.

"You dare speak to me that way?" Ronan's voice darkened.

"Yes, I do. You want to know why? Because I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid to die for the people I'm protecting. And, frankly, I'm tired of your shit. You talk big but you're really just a blue bastard with a rock and a hammer." I stepped closer to him.

Ronan growled and raised his hammer towards me. Then, he shot energy from the hammer.

"Suzie!!"

Pain shook my entire body and I was pushed back. I dug my heels into the ground to stop it. I looked up, glaring at Ronan.

"I'm not going to die by someone like you. I have people to protect and I'm not going to give up so easily by the likes of you." I began walking towards him.

Ronan roared and pointed his hammer at me again. I started yelling as I ran at him. He shot at me. I spun my body away from the waves and I was in front of him. I punched him right in the face. He fell to the ground. But, he looked up, laughed, and pointed at the hammer at me again. He shot it.

I went flying through the air, backwards.

"SUZIE!" I heard people yell.

I landed on my back, the wind getting knocked out of me. I gasped for air. I started to gasp and cough, trying to get oxygen to my lungs. My body was shaking a little from the shock. I groaned. I rolled over on my stomach and put my knees under my chest. I pushed myself up into a kneeling position.

Ronan grunted as he walked over to me. He held the hammer above my head. "I shall kill you and cleanse Xandar with one blow!" I looked up at him, glaring. I was about to rise when I heard...singing?