20. Gone

Mason and Talia pulled up at the house. Talia got out of the car and she ran as fast as she could towards the back of the house. She didn't even take into consideration that half of the house was just embers and burnt ash.
She went in through the back she rushed into what was Amelia's room where she saw Raheem and Conrad both sitting on the bed they both looked shocked to the core and somber.

She looked to the side and then she saw her, her baby sister sitting there upright against the wall with her baby loosely in her arms. She screamed, the scream was heartfelt. Her legs almost gave way as she got to her knees and hugged her sister, holding her as though she was a baby herself. Amelia's body was cold her lips were blue her eyes were closed and so was her baby boy's. The silence and peacefulness from both of them was surreal.
"Oh my god no... Millie no... i'm so sorry, I'm so sorry...

Mason pulled her up and hugged her as tight as he could as she broke on his shoulder

Mason pulled her up and hugged her as tight as he could as she broke on his shoulder. "This is all my fault... I tried so hard, I tried so hard... Everything I touch breaks and falls apart. This is all my fault..."

"No baby no... no one could see this happening, she's had a miscarriage...

"this isn't fair, she didn't deserve this... i've lost three of them, I've lost three of them Mason, three of them!" She screamed. "And my baby nephew... I can't deal with it... I can't deal...

"I'm gonna take her outside, I'm gonna need you two to get them an ambulance. We're not gonna leave her here like this okay, but Talia needs to be away from here." Mason said really feeling it for her so much so that he was choked up himself, especially after the deep and meaningful conversations that he had been having with her that evening back at his place.

He took her to the car where she was almost hyperventilating. "T... calm down baby...

"she wasn't any trouble to anyone, she didn't want to do the things she did... I know that... I was hard on her sometimes because I just wanted her to understand... She had learning and development difficulties and it was things I couldn't help with because I wasn't her mama... I was young so she didn't have the right help, even though I tried to speak to the school and I tried to tell them, no one would listen.... What am I gonna do? It's just me now, I've lost Cara, Alfie and now... Now Millie.."

"Talia, calm down please...

"She was holding her baby... She had the baby by herself she must've been so scared" Talia was crying hard. " How could that happen, just like that...

Rizz came out after he had called the ambulance. He rubbed the back of his neck, he was still in complete shock at what he had seen. "I'm so sorry Talia, she was great, she didn't deserve to go out like this... She obviously couldn't reach her phone it was in her bag on the bed... I cannot believe she went through this alone..."

"you know what I'm gonna kill my mama, I'm gonna kill that fucking bitch for leaving us the way that she did and for our lives turning out the way that they have... That bitch deserves to pay for every fucking thing that has happened to my brothers and sisters....and ME!.."

All Mason could do at this point was hold her, and hold her as tightly as he could to let her get everything out of her system on him, he didn't even care right now if she lashed out at him he knew that she needed to cry and scream and let all of her feelings out instead of simmering.
"Rizz... help me get her in the car man..."

Rizz helped get Talia into the car. She was just so upset. Mason nodded to Rizz to see to the situation when the ambulance arrived, he put his foot down to get Talia away from the situation and back to his home as quickly as he could.

————

Zain picked up his phone and called his father. He knew that if anyone knew if anything had gone down with Amelia, he would know because he was involved with her sister. He waited for the phone to connect.
"Zain, I don't have time to talk to you right now. What do you want?"

"Why sup?." He asked, probing.

"I'm not at liberty to talk to you about it right now, but I'll call you later

"I'm not at liberty to talk to you about it right now, but I'll call you later.." he said to him assertively and ended the call.
Zain sat back on the sofa and looked around at his boys.

"sounds very much to me like something is going down that I need to know about, but I'm gonna find out about it later.."he smiled and dapped them. "Boys, I think I can officially say that I'm no longer about to be a daddy.... Not for that fucking skanks baby  anyway..."

"Man, does that mean that you can fuck with that hot piece now, what's her name...Charelle?."

Zain smirked. "Man I've already ran thru that... I got my sites set on Sabrina... you know me and her been hooking up for fair few months now, I'm thinking about giving the girl a ring you know.."

"I knew you had fucking feelings for her... she is fine though... you fucking with the hood rat.. that was something that I couldn't get my head round..

"Listen, she got the looks, she got the body... But she has got no fucking brain or mind of her own... She's easy to take to bed... I could call her up tomorrow and say I'm really sorry you lost the baby, but do you wanna come round and fuck and I guarantee you she will be there?." He laughed and so did the others.
"She's nothing but a dumb ho and an easy nut... I'm a keep her ass around on the side for a quickie here and there...

"Or another sex tape...
They all laughed again.

————

Talia sat on the bed looking out of the window. She felt numb, her whole body hurt.
Mason walked in and handed her a glass of Hennessy. "Here have this, if anything it will help you sleep.."

"It's like I'm in a crazy nightmare and I'm gonna wake up and they are all gonna be here... and I'm gonna get one more chance to do right by them..

"Talia you did what you could for all of them all the time.. what happened to Amelia wasn't on you.." he said to her. "I have asked my doctor and the coroner to make sure we have an established reason for death...

"She had a miscarriage...

"Yeah she did... but I just want to make sure there is no foul play and then we can lay her and the baby to rest.." he paused. "I wanna concentrate my time on you...

She leaned into him she was tired and mind blown. "I'm gonna kill her Mason... I'm a start with my mother and then I'm gonna move on to any one who gets in my way.."

"As long as I'm not part of that list...

"You better behave then." She said to him.

Mason knew that this type of thing happening to her was going to harden her heart and she was already very much able to take down men and women on demand out there, but this was going to turn her into a dangerous machine....