16. Went off

".... What the hell do you want!."

"Let me in Talia.."
Talia looked at her mother before letting her into her apartment. As soon as Nancy was inside she turned to her daughter and she shook her head.
"What it is that you want from me.. I want to get this out in the open now so you don't do shit like turn up at my place of work again!." She snapped angrily.

"I just want to understand you... I need to get my head around the fact that you hate us that much..

"... you need to get your head around this.... I don't want you.. I didn't want any of you... being with your father and you... was like a fucking nightmare that I want to forget but you just won't let me... and then you show up at my place of business looking like a classic hooker...

 and then you show up at my place of business looking like a classic hooker

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Talia saw red and went for her mother. As soon as Talia put hands on her, Nancy went off. She dragged her daughter and hit her over and over again.
Talia was shocked at the power this woman had, all she could do was stay down and do her best to defend herself.
Nancy beat her hard and then got up and pulled her dress down, plumped up her hair and looked at her daughter lying on the floor.
"never ever come for me again, little girl... how fucking dare you!... now.. I'm going to tell you this and this will be the only time that I say it. I do not want anything to do with you or your brothers and sisters. They are your responsibility and nothing to do with me. Please do not come to my place of work and bring me down to your level.... I want you to continue your life as if we never knew each other because that is how I will be continuing mine..."

She walked out and left. Talia got up from the floor feeling humiliated and degraded. Her lip was bleeding her eye had already started to bruise and she just felt like she had completely lost control in front of her mother and allowed her to get away with what she had done to her. It wasn't sitting right with her at all, but she just felt unable to do anything about it at the time. Her mother was a different woman from what she remembered before she left their home.

She was sick of crying over this woman, she was sick of crying over her rubbish existence. Now, it was just making her angrier and angrier. This woman disowned and disregarded her own children as if they were nothing.
She was brought back to her senses as her cell phone rang. She could see on the display that it was Mason. She picked up. "Hey." He said. "I just wanted to know what the deal was about dinner tonight... so I can make plans..."

"Yeah... I'll be there...

"are you okay?" he said sensing her voice was different.

"yeah I'm fine... How am I getting to you?"

"Conrad is going to collect you.. he'll be with you in an hour and a half... I am looking forward to seeing you and I'm also looking forward to having my daughter meet you properly..."

"okay, I'll see you soon" she said and ended the call.

————

".... Hey daddy!.."