13. Just a vice

Talia and Amelia tended to the graves of their brother and sister. Talia wanted to know where her other brother was, he was out living the high life and probably had no idea about Cara and Alfie.
"I think this looks pretty now." Amelia said as she finished putting the pink roses on Cara's grave.

Talia smiled. "Yes it does.." she said to her. Amelia was quite a simple girl, Talia had always honestly thought her to be on the spectrum, but no one ever heard her. When she attended parents events at school and she voiced her concerns it was always met with disdain, they didn't want to be bothered to listen or help.

Talia knew though by the way that Millie acted about things. She saw no real bad in anything. Even the death of her siblings she didn't know how to show sorrow or mourn them properly.

Talia watched her arrange the flowers on both stones and she heard a car pull up on the roadside to the left of them. She left Millie and walked over to the car.
"How's it going?." Mason asked as he let the back window down. "Bonding?.."

She looked at him and smiled

She looked at him and smiled. "When it is all said and done we've only got each other... she needs support and I can't turn my back on her.." she told him. "How come you're here?." She asked him.

"I'm on my way to a business meeting. I thought I would stop by and make sure my woman is good." He told her.

"I'm fine... Rizz helped me track down my mother's address.. so later today I'm going over there.. see what I can find out..."

He smiled. "Good girl... listen, don't forget dinner with me and Kadidja tonight... she is looking forward to meeting you.."

Talia glanced back at Millie who was happily arranging the flowers. "We need to talk about this baby she is having before it becomes too late and the decision is made

"Zain doesn't want this baby.. and Talia neither do we... this baby will end up being yo responsibility.. do you seriously want that?." He asked.

"No but I also can't force her to get rid of it... I think Zain needs to step up... he did this, he should support his child when it's born." She said with meaning.

He sighed. "We'll talk about it later... I gotta head off.. let me know how it goes at yo mama's place... we also need to discuss yo trip to NY... to visit Theo..."

Talia nodded. "We can definitely talk about that later."
He put up the blacked out window and the car pulled off.

Talia headed back to Amelia.
"Were you talking about me just then?." She asked her sister.

"Yes Millie, you're having his grandchild and I really, really don't think you have thought this through.... Zain doesn't want this child.. you have to step up so much... this baby won't be just an accessory there is a lot of work involved." She told her trying to impress on her how big a deal this was.

"I do think that I could be a great mom.. with your help.." she said.
Talia sighed heavily.

————-