9. No loose ends

".... Cuz, how can I help you?."

"Mason, things are getting on top here...

"What do you mean?." Mason said.

"Deangelo... Theo threw a fucking fit, and he knows that it's you... I am stuck right in the middle here, you promised me that I wouldn't be... You even said that you would leave the Deangelo business alone for at least a month or two... because don't you see that he now knows that someone has said something.." Constance said to him.

"Girl chill out... you know I have yo back.. just keep doing yo job and it will all be good.."

"Why do I feel like you're sacrificing me here?" She said.

"You're over reacting Connie... everything is fine... he doesn't know about you being my cousin and there is no reason that he should find out if you stick close to him and baby his ass." Mason said.

" it is getting harder and harder to keep my position hidden...

"You decided to work for him, you knew that he was one of my competitors in the game... So don't start coming at me now Constance yo loyalty should lay with me just remember that." he said an annoyance in his tone as he ended the call.

"Well that sounded deep" Rizz said, as he had been sitting next to him in the car.

" what does she fucking expect from me... She chose to work for him, but at the same time, she didn't want to let the family down... Now, it's on me that shit is getting on top. How does that even make sense?" Mason said angry at his conversation, he just had with his cousin.

"Hol up man... there she is... looks like she's about to do the drop right now" Rizz said as they spotted Talia coming out of the Italian restaurant with a few men surrounding her.

"so where the fuck is she going with them now?.. I thought the drop was supposed to take place in the restaurant" Mason said, sitting forward, his facial expression much more serious as he watched her, get in the back of the car, one man, either side of her, and another two in the front.
as soon as the car had started its engine and moved away from the front of the restaurant, Mason followed, keeping his distance.

"she got this man, you know that" Rizz said.

"and if shit pops off, she is one girl, there is four of them... What if they've already made her, what if they're taking her somewhere to kill her and she doesn't even realise it yet"

"wow! You really feel something for her don't you?" he said to him with a smile.

"I want her to move in with me, I'm ready for the kids to meet her, and I don't give a fuck what Samira or Cassius has to say about it"

"so soon, Samira is still pretty raw about yo
break up...

"She should've thought about that before she let another motherfucker stick his dick in her" mason, said abruptly.  " just follow the damn car."

————-

" it is refreshing to be doing business with a woman who has beauty as well as brains... You're a smart cookie, I can definitely see that... So why are you working for someone like Mason Farrow when you could be on my payroll and even wear my ring" Deangelo said.

Talia looked at him with a smirk on her lips. "I tend not to not mix business with pleasure... Unless it benefits me, and me and Mason go back a long way... I've done work for him before and now I'm back in the fold...

"He must be Fucking you good, I could tell how much he was into you, by the way he was looking at you at the club the other night

"My private life is absolutely no business of yours." She paused. " But do tell me why you decided to work with Mason and ditch Theo..."

He thought about it for a second he didn't really know if he should answer her question or not. Talia had a way about her, which just drew people in, and he was very much drawn in by her.
"Mason holds a better deal... The benefits of working with him far outweigh, the benefits of working with Theo.. how do you know Theo anyway?"

"We've crossed paths in the past...

"of course you have..." he smirked. "You're the type of girl that love these thug types, these big, hard men, right?"

She laughed. " I think the truth is you'll find, that they want me, only I'm not as easy as you may seem to think I am" she said and the car journey continued.

————-

It wasn't long before they pulled up at another restaurant, a little further out of town. Mason pulled up just a few cars behind theirs. He made sure that he hadn't been seen. He had been as discreet as he possibly could. But the plot was thickening. He wished that he could just jump in and find out what the fuck was going on . He saw the car doors open. He saw everyone get out of the car including Talia. She had a smile on her face. Deangelo actually held her hand and helped her out of the car like a gentleman. They all then walked into the second restaurant, together. One of his henchman stood on the door, watching the area around them.

"Maybe the drop was brought here...

"You know exactly what he's gonna think, she's a woman, she's easy pray... You know these motherfuckers see girls as a target..."

They stayed in situ for about 10 minutes, Suddenly there were gunshots, Mason jumped out of his car and pulled his strap. And then Talia came rushing out of the back of the restaurant with a gun in her hand, and with one bullet, she took out the henchman who had been standing by the door keeping watch. She had clocked that Mason was following her. She ran across to the car and jumped in with a bag full of cash . "You need to fucking go... Rizz drive the fucking car!!." She said her adrenaline pumping.

"girl, what the fuck have you done?" Mason said looking at her.

"I didn't like the way he was talking to me, besides, I got enough information to find out that he is not the head honcho here... And I have left no loose ends... Including the CCTV, so nobody knows that I shot him and killed him... Just be thankful I came back with double the amount of cash that I went in with and the name of the real man behind this faction of the Italian mafia..."

Rizz shook his head. "Talia, you are fucking crazy..."
He looked at Mason .
"she is fucking crazy!... we don't need that type of exposure"

"didn't I just say that I left no loose ends, the only people that knew I was meeting him today were the people that were in the fucking room with us, and their all dead, because guess what I killed em." She said.

Mason couldn't help, but smile, she made him crazy, she drove him crazy. He knew this working relationship was going to be the best thing he had ever put in place. But he wanted more than that, but she was playing hard to get...