XVI

"Here we are. The last year." says Caroline looking towards the high school. "Does anyone think we should feel stronger?" Bonnie asks.

"Okay, the night of pranks was a mess. But we accept that and move on." adds Caroline, starting to walk towards the entrance."Today is our anniversary." says Elena, stopping, me, Bonnie and Caroline doing the same. "Actually, Stefan and I met last year on the first day of school." continued Elena.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asks. "Yes, I don't think he will be absent during the day." I add. "I have to. I have to leave everything in the past. A new year, a new life." says Elena, passing by us, heading towards the entrance.

I didn't do much today at high school, I don't even know why I wanted to continue, but anyway I had nothing to do at home so why not?

I was in the last break and I was helping Caroline put up a poster announcing that there will be a Bonfire tonight." I forgot about the campfire." says Elena, coming from the dressing room towards us. "You have to come. It's our first event with the team." says Caroline, trying to convince Elena to participate. "Relax, Caroline. I'll come." Elena reassures Care.

After a while, I started to get along well with everyone, even with Elena, even if we sometimes bumped into each other.

Caroline was telling us about Bonfire when Tyler appeared, kissing her. I haven't talked to Sarah since she was transformed into a hybrid, I was hoping to see her here. "Happy first day." Tyler says to Care. "Is that blood?" asks Elena. Caroline pushes Tyler towards the bathroom, followed by Elena. I decided not to go in waiting for Sarah, having history class together.

"Hey Liv." Sarah says, appearing next to me. "Hey girl, how are you? We haven't spoken since the evening when Klaus transformed you..." I say, looking at her. "I'm fine, thanks for taking care. I don't really have done a lot, at home, at work." She tells me this. We continued to talk in the hallway until the doorbell rang and we had to go inside.

We sat on the benches, I also saw Caroline, Elena and Tyler followed by Stefan. I didn't expect to see him again at high school.

"Stay in my place." Stefan says to a colleague. He sits in line with Elena, going to smile at her.

"Welcome!" Alaric, the history professor, tells us: "Let's use our brains again, starting with the founders of this country. The indigenous people." add this one. "And the Vikings?" Rebekah, Klaus's sister, appears. "There is no evidence that the Viking explorers actually stayed in the United States. Who are you?" asks Alaric."My name is Rebekah and history is my favorite subject." she says, sitting in line with me.

The music was resounding from all corners of the high school when I parked in the high school parking lot. I was on my way to history class when I received a message from Damon. "I'll pull Stefan away from the fire. When he's distracted-" says Elena, interrupted by my appearance. "I'll shoot him," adds Alaric. "Can't Bonnie cast a spell on him?" asks Damon.

"I'm trying not to involve Bonnie in this."Elena says. "I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her. Olivia, Caroline, do you know what you have to do?" Elena asks us. "We'll make sure the old Forbes cell is ready." I answer. "Forget about an important player. Rebekah. Wherever Steafn goes, a blonde tail tends to follow him." Damon reminds us. "It's your job to keep her away."

"Sorry I'm late. What's going on?" Tyler also appears."We need your mother's supplies of verbena. Enough to keep Stefan down for a while." says Elena. "You can't do this to Stefan." Tyler says

"Trust us, it's best for him." says Elena. "But it's not for Klaus." Tyler added. "But Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler. Why are you acting like a weird hybrid servant?" Caroline asks.

Damon pounces on Tyler, injecting him. "What are you doing?" said Caroline. "He is been sired." Damon ads."What?" Alaric ask. "Sired.He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus's blood created him." I say. "How do you know?" Damon asks me. "My business." I answer to Damon.

"So how do I fix him?" Caroline asks me and Damon."Get a new boyfriend."

I don't know how the plan went because the only task I had was to check the Forbes cellar."What's up?" I asks Damon. "Wonderful," he says while pouring himself a glass of bourbon."You played your part of the plan really well tonight." I said.

"Oh,yeah?" Damon said. "Yeah,you had Rebekah drooling over you and your marshmallows." I adds. "Yeah,before she skewered me." I smiled.

"You look quite sexy in that leather jacket." Damon complements me. "Seriously?" I start to smile. He looks at me, getting closer. "The answer is no." he says to me and I remain a little embarrassed.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him. "You asked me if I feel something for Elena. And the answer is no. I sympathize with her, that's all." he says to me. "But what do you think about me?" I ask him running my finger over the buttons of his shirt. He raises his eyebrows and with the speed of a vampire puts me against the wall.

"Do you really need my confirmation that you're gorgeous?" Damon asks me. "Maybe..." I say, followed by a kiss that I haven't felt in years. I do the same thing with his black shirt, I take off my jeans, he kisses my neck.

With the power of vampires we reached his bedroom where we continued our fun.