Chapter 16

Mary was making her way towards the stairs to head up to close the door to Eclipse's room, when she suddenly heard someone knocking on the door loudly.

Oh joy. Olivia has made her presence known. Please dear God let this visit with Olivia be quick. I don't want her to know that Eclipse is staying here with us. If she finds out, then she will not only have one advantage before the trial, but chances are Roman will be driving by the house to keep a close eye on Eclipse and that will only put her on edge more, causing her to think that Roman will snatch her one day while she's on her way to school. Then she won't feel safe, and will feel the need to flea somewhere else, or go back to Roman and Olivia before this trial starts, Mary thought to herself as she made her way to the front door, opening it with a fake smile on her face as she spotted Olivia standing there.

"Olivia, so lovely to see you finally paying us a visit," Mary said. "Truth be told, I wasn't quite expecting to see you again after attending J. R's funeral."

"Well, Mary darling, I thought it was about time that I did a little surprise drop by. I do apologize for not having Roman and Shelley with me. Shelley was reading in her room. And Roman is driving all over, looking for any sign of Eclipse. My poor sweet boy is truly worried about her. She hasn't been away from him longer than an hour tops. I guess you can say that my boy and Eclipse are attached at the hip and need to be within each other's company," Olivia explained while shoving past Mary to enter the home. Olivia took a quick glance around to see if she could spot anything that would give her a clue as to whether Eclipse was there.

Mary shut the door, before turning around to glare at Olivia. "Cut the crap Olivia. I know you didn't stop by for a casual visit. That and your timing is terrible. Norman and I have some important guests dropping by for dinner; and we really don't need you hanging around, trying to get into their pants. So whatever it is that you want to talk about, you're going to have to make it quick and then get out."

Olivia rolled her eyes at what Mary had told her. "I don't really have anything to say to you. I already told you that everything I have to say strictly concerns Norman. I'm sure you understand that this is strictly talk about the White Tower. I doubt you would be interested in wanting to hear everything that we have to talk about."

"Anything that you have to say Olivia, can be said in front of Mary. And don't lie either. Mary already knows that you are looking for Eclipse. So, make this visit quick so you can be on your way," Norman said while walking into the room.

"I was seriously hoping that only you and I would talk about this in private," Olivia said while getting annoyed.

"Start talking or get the hell out of my house. I won't have you here when Letha comes home. I don't need you giving my daughter any ideas of how to get knocked up," Norman said.

"Oh cut the shit Norman. Everyone with the ability to hear already knows Letha is pregnant. But that's not the reason why I'm here. I'm here because I can't seem to find any clue as to where Eclipse could have disappeared to. And I have been driving all around looking for her. I haven't found anything. And Roman has been driving around as well, looking for signs of Eclipse. He was very distraught without having her by his side. But it seems that nobody has any clue where she is. It makes me believe that Eclipse simply vanished off the face of the earth. Though we all know that that isn't possible. So, if Eclipse hasn't vanished from the face of the earth, that leads me to believe that someone simply helped Eclipse escape from Hemlock Grove to seek shelter until this damn trial is over and we find out once and for all, where Eclipse will be living. But since you dearest Norman are a psychologist, I thought maybe the authorities have said something to you about where Eclipse is staying," Olivia said, hoping that she would get some sort of clue as to where Eclipse was.