Leaving Coruscant

A/N: Here is a new chapter.

INTERIOR: APARTMENT BUILDING, AMIDALA'S APARTMENT - DAY

Anakin and Amber watch as Padme and JAR JAR talk, standing near the door of the anteroom to Padme's bedroom. Dorme and Hermione move about packing luggage.

Padme: "I'm taking an extended leave of absence. It will be your responsibility to take my place in the Senate. Representative Binks, I know I can count on you."

JAR JAR: "Mesa honored to be taken on dissa heavy burden." Pompously. "Mesa accept this with muy muy humility and da..."

Padme: "Jar Jar. I don't wish to hold you up. I'm sure you have a great deal to do."

JAR JAR: "Of course, M'Lady."

JAR JAR bows and goes out. Padme walks briskly to Anakin. She is in a very bad mood. Anakin looks over at Hermione, unsure on what to do.

Padme: "I do not like this idea of hiding."

Hermione: "I quite like this idea." She mutters.

Anakin: "Don't worry, now that the Council has ordered an investigation, it won't take Master Obi-Wan long to find this bounty hunter."

Padme: Frustrated. "I haven't worked for a year to defeat the Military Creation Act not to be here when its fate is decided!"

Anakin: "Sometimes we have to let go of our pride and do what is requested of us."

Padme: "Pride?!? Annie, you're young, and you don't have a very firm grip on politics. I suggest you reserve your opinions for some other time."

Anakin: "Sorry, M'Lady. I was only trying to..."

Padme: "Annie! No!"

Anakin: "Please don't call me that."

Padme: "What?"

Anakin: "Annie..."

Padme: "I've always called you that... it is your name, isn't it?"

Anakin: "It's Anakin. When you say Annie it's like I'm still a little boy... and I'm not."

Padme: I'm sorry, Anakin. It's impossible to deny you've..." She looks him over. "...that you've grown up."

Padme smiles at Anakin. He becomes a little shy.

Anakin: "Master Obi-Wan manages not to see it..."

Padme: "Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like. It's the only way we grow."

Anakin: "Don't get me wrong... Obi-Wan is a great mentor, as wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu... but he's more strict than Y/N. I am truly thankful to be his apprentice. Only... although I'm a Padawan learner, in some ways... a lot of ways... I'm ahead of him. I'm ready for the trials. I know I am! He knows it too. But he feels I'm too unpredictable... Other Jedi my age have gone through the trials and made it... I know I started my training late... but he won't let me move on."

Amber: "He probably just wants to make sure you're completely ready for the trials, that's what Y/N's doing for me."

Padme: "That must be frustrating." She tells Anakin.

Anakin: "It's worse... he's overly critical! He never listens! He just doesn't understand. It's not fair!"

Padme cannot suppress a laugh. She shakes her head.

Padme: "I'm sorry... You sounded exactly like that little boy I once knew, when he didn't get his way."

Anakin: "I'm not whining! I'm not."