The Gungan

A/N: Sorry that chapters are short, I'll try to get them out quickly.

INT FEDERATION BATTLESHIP - BRIDGE

TEY HOW receives a transmission.

TEY HOW: "Sir, a transmission from the planet."

RUNE: "It's Queen Amidala herself."

NUTE: "At last we're getting results."

On the view screen, QUEEN AMIDALA appears in her throne room. Wearing her elaborate headdress and robes, she sits, surrounded by the GOVERNING COUNCIL and FOUR HANDMAIDENS, EIRTAE, YANE, RABE, and SACHE.

NUTE: "Again you come before me, Your highness."

AMIDALA: "You will not be pleased when you hear what I have to say, Viceroy ... Your trade boycott of our planet has ended."

NUTE smirks at RUNE.

NUTE: "I was not aware of such a failure."

AMIDALA: "I'm aware the Chancellor's Ambassadors are with you now, and that you have been commanded to reach a settlement."

NUTE: "I know nothing of any Ambassadors ... you must be mistaken."

AMIDALA, surprised at his reaction, studies him carefully.

AMIDALA: "Beware, Viceroy....the Federation has gone too far this time."

NUTE: "We would never do anything without the approval of the Senate. You assume too much."

AMIDALA: "We will see."

The QUEEN fades off, and the view screen goes black.

RUNE: "She's right, the Senate will never...."

NUTE: "It's too late now."

RUNE: "Do you think she suspects an attack?"

NUTE: "I don't know, but we must move quickly to disrupt all communications down there."

INT NABOO PALACE - THRONE ROOM

The QUEEN, EIRTAE, SACHE and her Governor, SIO BIBBLE, stand before a hologram of SENATOR PALPATINE, a thin, kindly man.

PALPATINE: "The negotiations haven't started because the Ambassadors aren't there? How could that be true? I have assurances from the Chancellor... his Ambassadors did arrive. It must be the... get... negotiate..."

The hologram of PALPATIONE sputters and fades away.

AMIDALA: Senator Palpatine?" She turns to Panaka. "What's happening?"

CAPTAIN PANAKA turns to his SARGEANT

CAPT. PANAKA: "Check the transmission generators"

BIBBLE: "A communications disruption can only mean one thing. Invasion."

AMIDALA: "The Federation would not dare go that far."

CAPT. PANAKA: "The Senate would revoke their trade franchise, and they'd be finished."

AMIDALA: "We must continue to rely on negotiation."

BIBBLE: "Negotiation? We've lost all communications! ... and where are the Chancellors Ambassadors?"

CAPT. PANAKA: "This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army."

AMIDALA: "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war."

EXT NABOO EDGE OF SWAMP / GRASS PLAINS - TWILIGHT (FX)

The droid invasion force moves out of the swamp and onto a grassy plain. OOM-9, in his tank, looks out over the vast ARMY marching across the rolling hills. A small hologram of RUNE and NUTE stands on the tank.