Cameron turned towards me and grinned devilishly, "No matter how much you fight it, that instinct to protect what's yours will always be there. So get used to it, darling."

I glared as Cameron sauntered away, knowing that he was relishing the fact that I had become jealous. I wanted to rip his head off but at the same time I wanted to hold him. I shook my head, disgusted at myself. How could I feel so... so lovable towards him? I studied my schedule and headed for my first class. I scowled as I remembered that I had every class with Cameron. He acted like I was a small child and couldn't defend myself, which was clearly untrue.

As I arrived to English, the first two people I noticed were Cameron and Omen. I waved and noticed that there was an empty seat next to her. I pointed at the seat in question and she nodded enthusiastically, sneaking a quick look at Cameron. I trotted over to the seat and sat down before Cameron had time to see me. He glanced at the door and then swept the room in question. As soon as he saw me, his gaze darkened. I smiled innocently at him and leaned towards Omen. She hugged me from behind and I could see she was grinning evilly at Cameron. He simply shook his head and turned around, ignoring us for the remainder of the class.

I was glad to see that Omen was also in all of my classes, and Markus was even a substitute. I had to remind Omen not to show any affection towards Markus multiple times. Eventually I had to explain that a teacher-student relationship was inappropriate. Markus had glared at her and tried to push her away, but when all the students had left the room and it was only us three, I had saw him sneak her a quick kiss.

At the end of the day, Markus caught me as I was leaving to get into Cameron's truck.

"Hey," he said, as he approached me. I noticed Omen not far behind him. The ring on her finger caught the sun's light and shimmered, causing me to once again wonder at the realization that there was a ring that could protect vampires from the light. Then again, there was a lot that had been happening to me that amazed me.

"Hi," I replied. "What's up?"

"Whatever this thing is that we're supposed to be fighting, it's growing stronger. There is a war coming."

I sensed Cameron coming up behind me and instinctively leaned backwards. I caught Omen's grin, and realizing what I was doing, stepped forward to put distance between us. I stood in silence, refusing to acknowledge Cameron's person. Markus nodded and I heard Cameron grunt in response. I rolled my eyes as the boys still refused to accept that they had to work together. I had also noticed that as I spent more time around Omen and Markus, my body reacted less severe each time.

The longer you spend around them, the less your body will recognize them as enemies. Be careful however. If you come upon a vampire that does intend you harm, your body will not automatically recognize it.

"What do we do?"

Markus looked at me before glancing back at Cameron, "Well, all of us are trained in battle. You, on the other hand, I'm not sure if you have any experience with combat."

I heard Cameron chuckle and agree quietly under his breath. I elbowed him behind me and smiled when he gasped from the impact.

"I can handle myself," I said confidently. Truthfully, I had no idea if I could fight but they didn't need to know that. "I'll prove it," I added when I saw Markus look me up and down with a frown on his features. "We can go back to the house and Cameron and I can fight."

Markus agreed with the idea and walked away towards his vehicle. Omen got into hers and I jumped into Cameron's truck with him.

"You didn't have to elbow me," Cameron gritted his teeth as they drove out of the school parking lot and turned towards their houses.