𝟐𝟗 - 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍. Ellie's pulse raced as she hurried through the dark tombs. She was unarmed and alone. She had been split up from the group after they spotted the walkers. She managed to catch a glimpse of her father and Beth who had found safety but she had no idea how the rest of the group was doing.

Her shaky hands were tightly wrapped around a flashlight, illuminating the dark tombs. She was deep into the undiscovered corridors and most definitely lost. Her legs were tired from running and she stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She leaned against the wall before slowly sliding down it. Ellie curled up, hugging her knees as her breathing slowly steadied.

Worry crawled up her spine. She had no idea if the rest of the group was safe. The courtyard had been crowded with walkers. Ellie herself barely managed to get out. She didn't know if Maggie was okay. Or Stella. But she knew that both of them were strong and could take care of themselves. Lori was the one who worried her the most.

Ellie clasped her hands together and shut her eyes. Her father was always very religious but Ellie never really believed. She would pray from time to time but never regularly. Now, she prayed with every part of her soul that her friends and family would be okay.

Suddenly, she was interrupted. She heard the familiar groaning of a walker nearby. She quickly shot up into a standing position as her eyes darted around the tomb. Her fingers wrapped tightly around her only weapon, the flashlight, until her knuckles grew white. The first two walkers stumbled into the light of her flashlight before at least a dozen walkers appeared behind them. Ellie spun around before quickly rushing deeper into the prison.

She ran until her legs felt like they were burning and her lungs felt like they were on fire. She had to stay alive. Not for herself, but for Maggie and Beth. She couldn't die not knowing if they were safe.

Suddenly, she noticed that the tombs got brighter and brighter. The darkness around her had disappeared, replaced with sunlight pouring in from the end of the hallway. She clung to the walls as she forced herself to follow the source of the light. The sun burned her eyes and she had to cover them with her hand. She stumbled over scattered bricks on the floor until she suddenly felt fresh air fill her lungs. She was outside.

Once her eyes had adjusted to the light she could perceive her surroundings. She stood in a big opening in the prison. It seemed like the wall had been bombed and collapsed. The Greene girl limped over the brick scattered ground. Her eyes shot around as she checked for walkers. The alarms seemed to have attracted them as dozens and dozens of walkers appeared from the forest in front of her and even more seemed to appear from within the tombs. She was stuck with nowhere to go. Her heart hammered in her chest.

Without time to think, the girl took off into the forest, barely dodging the walkers that came at her. She didn't stop until she was deep into the woods. Once the walkers began to thin out she stopped behind a tree and pressed herself against it. She tried to keep as quiet as she could, holding her breath as a stray walker passed. She was vulnerable and tried without a weapon to defend herself. If she got caught she was dead. Fear coursed through her veins as she waited for the walker to pass. The leaves rustled under its feet as it dragged itself over the ground.