𝟐𝟖 - 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 rested her head against the side of the car parked by the abandoned road. Levi sat next to her, kicking a rock with his feet, to keep his mind occupied. Michonne paced back and forth in front of her as they waited for Rick, Daryl, and Glenn's return.

Glenn and Rick had gone back to Woodsbury after finding out that Daryl had been captured by the governor. Stella had volunteered to go with them but her father refused. Now she waited restlessly for their arrival as the sun began to rise.

She hadn't slept in several days and had no idea when the last time she ate was. Her whole body was aching and her mind was a mess. Too much had happened. Too much had been taken away from her in the last few days. Her mother, her pride but also a part of her humanity. She took a man's life for the first time last night and the image hadn't left her head since. The man deserved it, there was no doubt about it. Still, she couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Levi!" Rick shouted from the forest, making the two teens shoot up, turning to woods. The pair, along with Michonne, rushed over to their leader.

"Oh, thank God!" Stella breathed out, feeling as the worry washed off her as she saw her father along with Glenn and Daryl. But it wasn't just them. A man walked right behind them-

Merle.

Before Stella even had time to process what she was seeing, Levi shot forward with his weapon in the air. Rick and Glenn immediately stepped between him and the older Dixon brother, pushing him back.

"Hey, calm down!" Rick told the boy, who clearly didn't listen as he continued to try and push the two older men off him.

"What the hell is that animal doing here!?" Levi snapped at them. Stella too pulled out her gun, aiming it at the man's head as Michonne grabbed her katana.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rick made a failed attempt to calm the boy down. As he continued to roar at Merle, wild with rage, Rick pulled out his gun, pointing it at the boy.

"He tried to kill us!" Levi defended his actions.

Stella tried to comprehend what she was seeing. How was he here? How could Rick allow this? She had a perfect opportunity to end the man's life as everyone was too focused on Levi and Michonne. It was a clear shot. He would deserve it. But she couldn't bring herself to pull the trigger. She wasn't sure why. Maybe since he was Daryl's brother and she knew that they meant a lot to each other. Daryl would never forgive her for it and Stella didn't wanna be the main source of pain for him. Or maybe it was because she was scared of what it would do to her. Two days ago, she would've never even considered taking a person's life, no matter what they would've done. She was frightened by the thought of becoming cold. Losing herself- doing exactly what she promised her mother to not do - change.