Hello and Goodbye

Jennifer had come to admit that she had a slight hero complex, but ultimately, if she could life the rest of her life as she was in this moment, she would leave her heroics behind immediately. The two weeks following the sentinel incident in Washington, Jennifer was back on track. After a couple of days rest, she was back at school, back to hanging out with her friends, and most importantly, spending time with Peter. The latter was what she was doing right now.

It was dawning on eight thirty and the two teenagers were sprawled over the sofa, limbs entwined. They'd been like this for about an hour now, relaxing against each other, talking over the tv that was broadcasting a new episode of M*A*S*H*.

"I can't believe its over."

Peter tilted his head slightly to look at her properly, questioning what she meant.

"Just like, we did our part, but we won't actually know for years if it worked. So its over, but its still happening?" She shrugged. "It's just weird.

"I suppose. There's no point worrying though - its like fifty years away. There's way better things to do with the time."

"Oh yeah?," Jennifer answered, a smirk edging its way onto her face. "Like what?"

Peter matched her grin as he adjusted himself, bringing them closer together. "Well....," he trailed off as his hand moved to cup her jaw.

Jennifer felt all her blood rush to her cheeks, making Peters hand on her face seem cold, cooling her down. She didn't know where his sudden confidence had come from, but in no way was she complaining. Pushing herself upright and leaning closer, she cocked her head to the side playfully. Maybe his confidence had rubbed off on her. "Well what?," she asked, close enough to feel his breath fan across her face.

She looked into his eyes as she waited for an answer, but they didn't catch his gaze that was still on her, but slightly lower. His eyes flickered up to hers briefly before he used the hand that rested on her jaw to pull her just the slightest bit closer.

With the few centimetre gap between them closed, Jennifer's eyes fluttered shut the moment she felt Peters lips brush against hers. Wrapping her arms around his neck, her lips moved against his gently. The kiss was slow, but nothing short of passionate. The world faded into oblivion as they continued.

A shiver made its way down her spine and she felt his fingers trace up her jaw and around to the back of her neck, fingers tangling themselves in the hair at the nape of her neck, playing with the loose strands. Not pausing for even so much as a gasp of breath, Jennifer grinned into the kiss and pulled Peter closer with her hands still behind his head.

Feeling Peter's teeth graze her bottom lip, her heart skipped a beat or two, and after recollecting herself from the shock, she returned the gesture. This time it was Peter than grinned against her lips. She felt his tongue slide over her bottom lip and along the bottom of her top row of teeth. It was slow and cautious enough for Jennifer to stop him if she wanted him to. She didn't.

Transferring her weight, she swung a leg over him and repositioned herself to sit on his legs, straddling him. She had no intention of breaking their kiss, but as she let her body relax back onto Peters, he pulled back slightly, causing Jennifer opened her eyes in response.

"What?," she asked, catching her breath.

Peter just grinned at her, though his eyes held a remainder of disbelief. He hadn't seen that coming. "Nothing," he breathed, before quickly returning his lips to hers.

Shaking her head at the bizarreness of the boy infront of her, she hastily re-joined the kiss. Peters free hand traced it way up Jennifer's thigh, over her hip and around her side, sneaking underneath her loose top before finally resting upon her lower back and pulling her closer still. She felt electrified, and without even a conscious thought, she deepened the kiss, savouring it more and more. Peter didn't seem to have any problem keeping up, and began to twist strands of her long hair in his fingers.