-6- The guy and his dog

"Shit!" I shouted in frustration as I watched the last bus leave the bus station. Great. All because I had to rewrite this stupid test after my stay in the hospital. Angry, I clenched my hands into fists and then began to slowly walk home.

The sun slowly disappeared behind the horizon, turning the sky into a reddish tone. The color spectacle continued for a while before the sky darkened and the sun disappeared completely. The street lamps were already shining their dim, yellowish light down onto the sidewalk. The streets were surprisingly empty. Only a few cars passed me with a long distances from each other. I thought about how I could be home by now if I hadn't missed the bus. My frustration still lingered, even if it wasn't as strong as before. After I was about halfway home, I had to cross a park. By now it was almost pitch black, which is why I was startled when I heard a loud barking behind me.

I stopped and looked over my shoulder. Behind me was a dog jumping happily through the park. Suddenly he stopped and looked in my direction. It was kind of scary how the dog was watching me, but after a while he jumped away again. I watched him chase his own tail. Kind of cute, I would love to have a pet too. Then it occurs to me, where is the owner? I looked around in surprise, but the dog and I seemed to be alone in the park. Maybe he ran away from home, I thought as I slowly approached the dog. As I got closer to him I realized that the dog was a husky but he didn't appear to be wearing a collar. The husky noticed that I had approached and suddenly turned to me. I fell to the ground in shock as the husky stared right in my face. The hair on my arms stood up and my palms began to sweat. The dog, he smiled at me. No really he just smiled at me. Its muzzle was twisted into a cruel smile, revealing sharp human lika teeth. How is that possible? Panic crept up my spine.

"Smiley, sit!" I heard a voice call. Shortly afterwards someone ran past me and attached a collar with a leash to the creature. I completely froze when I noticed who was standing in front of me. I looked up and looked directly into his face. He grinned at me, "I see you've already met my friend here" he nodded to the side of the husky, who was now sitting next to him. He then held out his hand to me. However, I didn't respond and got up on my own. As soon as I stood up again, I immediately stepped back. His facial expressions changed to a neutral expression and then to an annoyed expression. He put his hand back into his hoddie pocket. "How about an apology?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow. Is he serious? Who does he think he is? I clenched my hands into fists. "If anything, you owe me an apology!" I said angrily. He narrowed his eyes and looked at me for a moment and then spoke again. "You hit me in the head with a vase!" he hissed angrily in response, "For a good reason!" I then replied to him. He crossed his arms in front of his torso and lifted his chin slightly. "What does that mean?" I looked at him as my frustration grew. Is he just acting that stupid or is he actually that dumb? I let out a breath and tried to calm myself down, "You attacked me first," I said as calmly as possible. However, you could clearly hear that I was still angry.

He rolled his eyes and turned away from me. "I didn't even hurt you," he grumbled quietly as he pulled a cigarette out of his pocket. The lighter clicked as he lit the cigarette. "You know what." he turned his gaze back to me ,,...I forgive you. After all, you and that bitch are the only ones who have successfully stood up to me so far." He drew on the cigarette and then exhaled the smoke. I rolled my eyes slightly, "What?" "Hah - I said you were special," he groaned slightly annoyed, then he turned away from me and started walking. I watched him as he slowly moved away from me. Suddenly he stopped and turned back "In the meantime, please make sure no one else kills you! You're mine! got it?" He then continued walking and shortly afterwards disappeared into the darkness of the night.