Chapter 15

(Ethan's POV)

We have a meeting with the buyer of the renovation project, so I hurried to the office. I wanted things to go as smoothly as possible, so I made a thorough itinerary and gathered all the paperwork beforehand. Myra and I are leading this project together, and I know that her attention to detail and professionalism will help us impress the buyer. I apologized to Myra over the phone yesterday evening for being busy, but she didn't appear to be in the best of moods, so I decided to brush it off and hope that she would feel better soon.

Myra came in, and I grinned at her. She forced a smile back, and I scowled. Moodswings?. Usually, she sits next to me, but on this particular occasion, she moved away from me by taking the last seat in the front row. Strange

(Myra's POV)

I groaned and closed my eyes, feeling really irritated with Ethan for not telling me that he was out—that too with a woman. I made plans with him, but he was too busy. I wanted to go talk to him about it when I saw him, but I refrained. He called me as promised after I went to my house, but I didn't say much—I simply hung up the phone before saying, "I'm sleepy. We'll talk later."

I looked at him, as he walked and sat beside me. "Are you okay?" He looked concerned, but I just nodded and forced a smile again. Deep down, I knew something was off between us. Ethan started a conversation. "So, yesterday I was about to tell you that-" The door swung open as a woman walked in. What the fuck?. I widened my eyes in dissatisfaction and surprise. ANAYA?. She is my junior at the university. My mind was racing with questions, but I kept my composure. "Hello guys, I'm Anaya, As you guys already know , my aunt is busy, so I came to join you guys " she said with a smile. I frowned at her words. Aunt?.

"I'll be joining you guys more often from now on to help you out," she said with a smile as she turned to face Ethan. "Ugh." He gave me a confused look, and I sighed. Anaya was always causing trouble and drama, I heard many rumors that she had a crush on Ethan. I sighed once -again, irritated. But—if Anaya isn't the same person I saw yesterday, then whom did Ethan meet?

Does Ethan know about Anaya's crush on him?. I looked at Ethan, who stood up and walked over to Anaya, giving her a handshake.

🍷

(Tanya's POV)

" Tell me about the guns first." I looked at Rohan as we sat on the couch. "Tani , I wouldn't hide anything from you, especially not of that nature. So focus on me and don't panic. "I nodded, trying to slow down my racing thoughts. "Just trust me, I'll explain everything," Rohan replied, grabbing my hand. I nodded. "Well, I've been selling firearms for a long time, I met a man in Germany who offered me an amazing offer, so we teamed up and worked together. I handle this procedure here in India." He continued, " I still have a few more contracts to fulfill, but I promise I'll stop after that, and you will have bodyguards around you at all times for safety." I looked at him, "No, of course, I'll be fine ,don't worry" Rohan's words were comforting, but the reality of his dangerous dealings left me feeling uneasy. He raised his eyebrows and chuckled, "Sure then," he kissed my cheek.

(Rohan's POV)

I've sent bodyguards, though she refused, I asked them to keep me updated. I knew she was stubborn, but I couldn't take any chances with her safety. I made a mental note to keep a close eye on her from afar. In the afternoon, I got a call from one of my men, telling me that she was missing. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN MISSING" I yelled getting off my chair. They told me that she cleverly managed to evade their surveillance and disappear without a trace. "YOU TRACKED HER PHONE, RIGHT?" I yelled again. The bodyguard confirmed that they were trying to trace her location using GPS, but she seemed to have turned off her phone. My heart raced as I quickly got off my office and drove to the last location they had seen her.