Chapter 3

(Ethan's POV)

The space had tasteful décor. As I descended the stairs, I saw new people greeting each other. Taking a deep breath, I turned to see her. I'm not sure why, but I felt anxious. After eating the ice cream last night, she fell awkwardly silent. I was a little afraid because I know her, and the ride was just the music. At least not when we were studying, she was never silent. Although we were not classmates, we used to see each other frequently while we were students.
Myra wore a smile on her face. I smiled back and prepared to wave my hand, but she walked away without saying a word. Our shoulders brushed as she said "hmph" and continued on her way.

I gasped when I felt someone grab my hand, it was Viraj. I missed our great times together. He was a close friend of mine. Our classes were the same. He was aware of my early affection for Myra. I could never tell her how I felt, even though he used to support me. I mean, I had my own reasons.

Along with Viraj, I noticed two new friends whom he introduced to me. Their company appeared enjoyable. Viraj mocked me and said, "You know Ethan is very busy, he has no time for anything." As we sat at the table, "Oh, come on, Viraj," I chuckled.

"So, tell me, what were you doing when I called you to invite you to this gathering?" Viraj asked with a smirk. I couldn't help but laugh at his playful teasing, grateful for the lively atmosphere and camaraderie among friends.

"I was working," I replied, trying to keep a straight face. I closed my eyes, trying to remember the exact moment before I received the invitation.

(2 weeks ago)

I was working without a break. I was exhausted and determined to finish the task at hand. My mind was racing with ideas and solutions, making it hard to focus on anything else. "I can't anymore." I sighed, taking a break. I needed it badly.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled through the contacts list. I saw Myra's name pop up, and I chuckled, staring at it. I always had her contact but never called her. She probably doesn't even have my contact information saved. I gasped when my phone rang. THE HECK?

I sighed in relief when I saw Viraj's name flashing on the screen. So that's basically what I was doing when Viraj called me to invite me to his wedding.

🍷

(Rohan's POV)

Feeling both surprised and excited at the same time, I laughed and took a taste of the booze in my palm. I heard someone giggle, and I quickly turned around to see a bunch of ladies talking. "Never mind." I shrugged and nodded at my friends. I wasn't really paying attention to them, my mind was on her, but she was nowhere to be found.

I decided to focus on enjoying the party. As the night went on, I couldn't shake off the feeling that she's still not here.I have no idea how will I reach out to her, but I knew I had to find a way to make things right before it was too late. She was my crush at first, I liked her the moment I saw her, but I always wanted to know more about her. Previously, I was calm, patient, and an introvert. I've become a more gregarious and daring person over time, so I don't hesitate to talk to her and tell her how I really feel.

"Bro is lost in thoughts," I heard someone say and snapped back to reality, realizing I needed to say something.

"What was it?" I gave a bewildering smile. "What were you contemplating? We're all interested, so please enlighten us as well." I chuckled nervously, feeling the weight of everyone's eyes on me as I gathered my thoughts to respond.

"It's nothing." I replied, trying to brush off the attention and redirect the conversation elsewhere. "Is it because of a girl?" Viraj asked, nudging me playfully. He knew about us because of Isha.