Chapter 9: An unexpected surprise visitor

Two weeks passed and during those two weeks, Connor was getting prepared for his upcoming graduation and in addition, he, Abby, Gianna, the moms, the dancers and the OG7 all went to the United Kingdom between the 11th and the 20th as the day was Aprril 27th.

In Cleveland, a city in Ohio, the Abby Lee Dance Company along with the OG7 and their moms were arriving at the Breen Center For The Performing Arts to compete at Sheer Talent with Elliana and Sarah having solos and the usual group dance as fans were excitedd to see the Chicago, Illinois based studio come to town and Sarah and Michelle even rode the bus with them, signaling that Abby and Connor was starting to get over being mad at them as Elliana and Sarah having solos.

"So, how's everybody feeling about today?" Sarah asked everybody.

"I'm excited!" Pressley replied.

"I think this'll be your favorite solo as it's more your style than you've had before." Chloe told Sarah.

"Yeah, but the only thing is just that i don't like how Miss Abby is like giving me a solo that's infering that my mom's a bad person."

"To tell you the truth, i don't think it's fair that she and Connor are saying that rude stuff to your mom because she's done nothing." Nia admitted.

"Our moms have known that feeling when they fought with Abby." Kendall added.

"And because of that, we took the brunt of Miss Abby's wrath." Paige stated.

"Yeah." Maddie agreed.

"Somehow, i think they made it into the biggest thing ever because i feel like that's what Abby and Connor does." Lilly said.

"That's Abby and her son for you." Mackenzie told them.

"You know it, Kenz." Brooke commented.

"I can understand how you're having a stressful week as we're all in the same boat." Hannah said.

"Exactly." GiaNina added.

"Question, like, how do you feel, like, when Abby says your mom's a control freak?" Sarah inquired.

"My mom is not a control freak and i don't want anybody to think she is. I think Abby and Connor want to see me play a role, so that's why i got the lead."

"They want to pull more emotion out of you as they correct you on that a lot."

"Just give it your best shot and if you win, it means that Abby and her son were wrong." GiaNina commented and minutes later, Abby, Connor and Gianna entered and saw Elliana running through her solo with Yolanda watching.

"Look at what Yolanda is doing with Elliana now. She's a competitor right now." Connor observed.

"That's because if Elliana loses, Yolanda is quitting." Stacey said.

"Huh?" Abby, Connor and Gianna simultaneously raised their eyebrows.

"I don't get it." Ann stated.

"This morning, Stacey told me that she overheard Yolanda telling Elliana either she wins or they're quitting the team." Christi explained as Yolanda glared at them.

"You'd really leave the team?" Ashley asked.

"It really depends on Elli." Yolanda said.

"So it depends on Elli." Stacey remarked.

"She's got to bring it and she hasn't been." Yolanda told them.

"But taking her from here...that would hurt her." Jaime warned and then a knock at the door was heard.

"I'll get it." Connor then got up with Abby following him and walked to the door to see who was knocking and when he opened, the person he and his mother saw made their jaws hit the ground. "You have got to be kidding me, of all people."

As it turned out, short blonde haired woman named Cathy Nesbitt-Stein and with her was her daughter, Vivi-Anne. Besides Maesi, Lilly, Elliana and their moms, none of the current members of Abby's team had met the Candy Apples leader.

"Surprise!" Cathy said.

"Oh my goodness!" Melissa, Kelly and Jill exclaimed in surprise.

"It's smurfette!" Christi exclaimed. "Let me guess, you're here to be up to your old tricks?"

"No, not this time. Vivi and i heard you were coming and we decided to come see you." Cathy responded, before looking at GiaNina, Brady, Pressley, Sarah, Hannah and their moms. "So you must be Abby's new team, am i right?"

"Correct." Brady responded.

"And you must be Cathy that's given Abby a lot of grief when facing each other." Pressley added.

"I have." Cathy admitted.

"That's Cathy? The one you were telling us about?" Joanne asked Holly.

"That's the one and with her is her daughter Vivi-Anne." Holly responded.

"How have you all been?" Cathy asked the OG7.

"We've been doing good." Kendall responded.

"Kind of brings back old times whenever we faced your team." Maddie said.

"Yeah." Vivi remarked.

"We just wanted to make a quick visit and wish you the best of luck with your team, Abby and wish your son the best of luck for his graduation." Cathy told Abby, who was surprised that she wasn't making a snarky comment for once and even the OG7 and their moms were surprised at Cathy's change of heart after so many years of verbal jabs she had made towards them through the years when facing off.

"Whoa, this is a change of heart." Connor remarked.

"It is." Abby added.

"Before Vivi and i go, i'll say this, go beat Studio 19 when you face them again." Cathy reminded as she shook Abby and Connor's hands as Vivi hugged them before heading out.

For the competition, the dancers got 1st and Elliana placed 2nd in the Pre-Teen solo division and Sarah and Hannah did not place and after the competition, Elliana and her mother left the team much to Stacey's delight.