Prologue

Connor's POV

My name is Connor Austin Miller, the 17 going on 18 year old son of a popular Chicagoland dance teacher named Abby Lee Miller. I danced for her, i'm also a famous YouTuber that has been on TV and in movies and i attend Glenbrook North High School in Northbrook as a senior preparing for Graduation, now i'll tell you my story.

I was born on June 15, 2001 in Glenview, a town 30 minutes north of Chicago at the NorthShore Glenbrook  Hospital at 4:10 am and on the day of my birth, mom named one of her dancers, Gianna Martello, who's currently mom's assistant choreographer my godmother and she agreed and also there was my grandmother, Maryen Lorrain Miller.

When i turned two, my mom began to teach me how to dance at her studio, the Abby Lee Dance Company and as i grew up, my dancing skills improved and i worked hard and also, i grew close to Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler, Brooke Hyland, Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak and Nia Frazier. I had already known Brooke as she had met me the day after i was born and i even won some national titles and other awards.

At age eight, i joined YouTube at my mom's suggestion and i made videos of how a day in my life would go, dancing and one day, i did a homemade music video to Matthew Wilder's "Break My Stride" and it went viral and that was where fame started for me and i was in TV shows and movies, but i never let myself get blinded by the bright lights of fame as i stayed level headed.

Two years later, we began to film a TV show called Dance Moms and in the first season, the team consisted of Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Chloe and Brooke Kosinski aka Brookie. Sometimes i would dance competitively when needed and we had a rival studio from Ohio named Candy Apples Dance Center which is owned by a woman named Cathy Nesbitt-Stein, who has a daughter named Vivi-Anne Stein and also when she came to Los Angeles to compete against us, she also brought two other dancers named Justice McCort and Taylor O'Lear. We beat them and went on to Nationals and won the title.

For the next season, other members of mom's studio would compete with us with Kendall Vertes joining by winning an audition with her mother Jill. Payton Ackerman would get to compete with us a few times even though her mother Leslie was kind of nuts and a few days after 2012 dawned, Jill got mad over mom putting Kendall on probation and she took Kendall out of the studio, we would find out at the competition in Tinley Park that Jill took her to Cathy which didn't sit well with us and we ended up losing to Cathy at the last competition of the first half of the season. Late in the season, Jill and Kendall came back, we also gained a new member named Nicaya Wiley and her mother, Kaya, who gave a ton of trouble with the moms and as a result, mom gave Nicaya and Kaya the boot and we ended up winning our second straight National Title.

Also, mom had to suspend Brooke and Paige for missing summer classes and we held an audition, which was won by a dancer named Ally Serigne. The next week, the moms except for Melissa and Christi went on strike over Ally replacing Brooke and Paige, so in response, we called in some replacements named Kaeli Ware, Bella Hoffheins and Sophia Lucia with their mothers, Ally and her mother left because of some negative comments from Gloria and Marcia, the mothers of Kaeli and Bella.

The originals came back and we thought we were free of Cathy or so we thought, we found out that we'd have to face Cathy at One Stage America in Vorhees, New Jersey and to our shock, she had a team of all boys and that did not sit well with my mom and myself whatsoever. We beat them at the competition and the next week, they beat us and Cathy came in our dressing room and struck me with her purse, but thankfully Gianna suckerpunched her. Two weeks later, sadly, mom and i lost our dog Broadway Baby and two months later, we had a new member of the team called Asia Monet Ray and her mother Kristie. Asia was a part of mom's ultimate dance competition. We did manage to beat Cathy in 2 of our next 3 meetings and Cathy's all boy team came apart and she made a new team, who could not beat us and we went on to win our 3rd straight National Title. Originally near the end of the first half of the 2012-13 dancing season, my mom thought about moving the studio out to Los Angeles, but after careful consideration, we decided to stay put in Glenview as it was our home, so we planned a renovation to the studio when the season came to an end. The renovations were complete three weeks prior to the new season beginning.