Chapter 4: Surprising Announcement

The day after, Abby and Connor decided to go out to Portillo's in Skokie for lunch and with them was Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe and they were talking about the season and the team so far.

"Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, what are your overall thoughts on the current team so far?" Abby asked her three former dancers.

"The dancers are really talented and all, but we can tell that they haven't been up to par." Maddie said.

"She's right." Chloe added.

"Yeah." Mackenzie commented.

"We've got to figure out how to light a fire underneath the dancers' lazy butts, but what?" Abby wondered, a confused look on her face, then she, Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe saw Connor deep in thought about something.

"Maybe he might have the answer." Maddie stated.

"Connor sure does have an answer when we don't have a clue on what to do to make the competition team better or come up with a dance." Chloe commented, knowing her boyfriend may have an idea.

"I know this might be an unorthodox idea and all, but i think the only way to light a fire under the team's lazy butts is to send one member home." Connor suggested. "What do you think?"

Abby, Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe all had thoughtful expression on their faces at the suggestion that Connor had just made, then grins were on their faces.

"Conno, that sounds like a brilliant idea!" Abby exclaimed.

"Nothing gets past you!" Chloe told her boyfriend as she laughed.

"But there's one more thing, who are we gonna send home?" Connor asked.

"That is a pretty good question." Mackenzie admitted. "Maybe we can send Lilly home."

"You know Stacey would have a cow if we sent Lilly home, Kenzie." Maddie told her sister.

"Good point."

"Maybe we can think about it and maybe the week after this, we'll come to a decision." Abby suggested.

"Good idea."

Abby, Connor, Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe continued their lunch as they went back and forth on who would be going home.

The next day at the studio, everybody was in Studio A.

"All right." Abby clapped. "The group dance was the overall high score winner, Woo Woo!"

Everybody applauded.

"We also had two solos by GiaNina and Hannah. We had 2nd place and then we had 4th and that looks bad and we mean really, really bad." Connor added.

"Do you know what looks bad? When you have moms in the fitting room attacking like a hoard of wolves at me and my kid two minutes prior to going on stage." Joanne said.

"That's not what happened." Ashley commented.

"Ashley, my kid went in there, ready to do her routine. You want to change my words around."

"Incorrect."

"Ok, now that's enough, we've got to complete pyramid." Holly interjected, but Ashley and Joanne didn't hear her.

"There is dressing room etiquette and Ashey, there's a time and a place for all of this." Joanne said.

"Yeah, and you got involved in it too!" Ashley shouted.

Connor looked very annoyed and gave a sharp whistle, which caused Ashley and Joanne to stop arguing.

"Can you two shut up?!" Connor shouted. "Here's the thing, the kid was the problem! GiaNina, i want to hear from you, because you're the big crybaby."

"I'm really sorry, i'll learn." GiaNina said.

"Thanks for the assist." Abby told her son.

"No problem."

"GiaNina, i want to hear from you, why did that whole thing happen?" Abby asked GiaNina.

"I don't want you to think my tear is weakness." GiaNina answered, before she started crying. "I was frustrated and i still am frustrated."

"Look in the mirror. Is that a pretty girl? I don't want to see a kid cry."

"My mom is trying to make a team winners like she did with Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, Brooke, Paige, Nia and Kendall." Connor stated. "You've got to be tough enough to let it roll. Let's move on to the pyramid."

"Let's." Abby agreed and she revealed the first photo on the pyramid, which was GiaNina's photo. "And to no one's surprise, GiaNina. "Not gonna have the behavior."

"Next..." Connor revealed the next photo, which was Sarah's photo. "...Sarah. You are next to GiaNina because in the group routine, you were a little shaky and you can't do that."

Abby revealed the next photo, which was Pressley's photo. "Pressley, you did a good job, you did what we wanted you to do."

"Next is..." Connor revealed the photo, Savannah's photo. "...Savannah, it was great as you set the tone of the level of the dance."

"And next we have..." Abby revealed Hannah's photo. "Hannah, you went from being last on the pyramid to all the way up there. We thought you did an outstanding job, but you do not apply corrections fast enough for us."

"The second to last one is..." Brady's photo was revealed by Connor. "...Brady, we thought you did an outstanding job, but there's so much for you to give. For you it's about growth and acting and mom doesn't say this too often. Brady, this is only the beginning."

"And now on the top is the featured role in the group for the very first time..." Abby revealed Lilly's photo. "...Lilly, the group dance this past weekend opened the door for your future here at the ALDC, but you need to strut through that door and slam it behind you."

After telling the dancers on where they would be headed to, Abby announced the routines with the group dance and two duets, with Lilly and Pressley picking their duet partner.

"We've been saying this from the very start of this season is that nobody is safe in mom's studio and to be honest, we think you don't believe us. So the only way we've decided to light a fire under your lazy behinds is to say so long to a member of this team. In the next few weeks or sooner, one dancer will be saying so long to the ALDC." Connor announced.

The moms and dancers all looked at each other as one of them could be going home.

"We need to see all of you live up to your full potential, because so far, none of you have done that." Abby said. "Lilly, Pressley, will you pick the right partner for your duets? This decision either could help you or ruin you."

"All right, moms, scram." Connor stated as the moms all headed up to the observation room and when it came to Lilly and Pressley picking their partner, Pressley picked Brady and Lilly picked Hannah as the moms were talking about who could be sent home.

"Who do you think is gonna be sent home?" Christi asked the moms.

"I bet Abby's gonna send me and my daughter home." Erin guessed.

"Or maybe GiaNina, because i bet you Lilly's staying." Stacey stated.

"I doubt it." Joanne said. "What are the chances of Brady going home as he's the only boy on the team?"

The moms all looked at her.

"Are you insinuating that Brady's gonna get sent home?" Tricia questioned.

"I'm not insinuating that, all i'm saying is that there may be a chance that Brady could be sent home, besides, anyone could be sent home."

Tricia rolled her eyes and that weekend at the competition, the group got 1st, Brady and Pressley's duet got 1st in the teen duet/trio division and Hannah and Lilly's duet got 1st in the junior duet/trio division.