Chapter 31

Goodbye Old Friend

Pandora walked around the arena after Luke had reluctantly left when Darla had come to get him so they could iron out the plan for his quest, she silently walked around the destroyed training dummies when someone's footsteps sounded behind her

Pandora walked around the arena after Luke had reluctantly left when Darla had come to get him so they could iron out the plan for his quest, she silently walked around the destroyed training dummies when someone's footsteps sounded behind her. "When Luke said you weren't acting yourself we didn't expect you to tear through more then half of the training dummies" Lee's voice sounded amused but she felt his emotions waver between concern and sympathy.

Pandora blinked hardly and hit herself in her head, "I'm fine- I don't know why everyone's acting like I'm losing my mind- but I'm fine really" the girl said as she refused to turn around.

"It really doesn't seem that way Dora" Jackson spoke softly not wanting to upset her.

"We're you friends and we're not just going to leave you when things start getting hard" Lucas said sternly, Pandora could feel how Lucas felt hurt and could feel as Jackson watched her sadly and had worry basically radiating off of him.

"Look guys I'm not in the mood for an intervention- just leave me alone okay?" Pandora muttered before hitting herself in the head. At her actions the three boys moved closer to her and Pandora didn't stop them, "things are getting worse- I don't know what to do" with her words the boys moved closer until they were a foot apart. Pandora took a shaky breath and began to turn around to the boys, they seemed slightly startled when she faced them. Her eyes were an icy blue with a faint tinge of green and over powering hue of magenta, Lee was first to reach forward.

She pulled away from him when his finger tips grazed her wrist, Lee reached forward again but this time he pulled the girl into his arms. He felt how stiff she was in his arms, afraid that if she moved she would do something she couldn't control, noticing the distance in her eyes the two other boys walked closer to her with reassuring smiled that painted their lips. "Talk to us- tell us what's going on or we can just stand here because no matter what we aren't leaving your side wether you like it or not" Lee said softly making Jackson and Lucas nod in agreement.

"When I was home- Hecate came to me in a dream of some sort and gave me 'power over the mind' and since I've been back I've been able to feel how others feel and I've seen glimpses of others pasts" Pandora whispered.

"Who all knows?" Jackson asked softly.

Pandora slowly looked up to him, "Hera, you three and I think Luke" she muttered making the boys nod.

Lucas's face pulled slightly, "wait did you say Hera? As in Zeus's wife? Goddess of marriage and childbirth" Lucas asked with wide eyes when Pandora nodded, "holy shit girl! How? What??" Lucas questioned in a high pitched voice. Jackson slapped him on the back of the head, "right sorry, I mean how do we know she hasn't told anyone else" Lucas questioned once he managed to regain his composure.

"I don't know but Zeus hasn't come for me yet so I think we're in the clear for now" Pandora responded hesitantly.

They stood in silence for a moment before they heard footsteps once more, Clarisse bolted towards the group and tackled Pandora in a bone crushing hug. Pandora smiled softly to herself as she instantly wrapped her arms around the younger girl, slowly Pandora felt her senses return to normal but not before she could hear and feel how elevated Clarisse's heart rate was. The older girl pulled back slightly and saw how tears streaked down her cheeks, "Reese? What's wrong?" Pandora asked softly as she gingerly wiped the undersides of her eyes with her thumbs.