Chapter 8

Trying To Move On

Pandora laid still in her cabin bunk, it had been a week since Hadleigh's death and her funeral pyre, Pandora refused to leave her cabin thinking no one was going to want to see her because she was the reason Hadleigh was dead

Pandora laid still in her cabin bunk, it had been a week since Hadleigh's death and her funeral pyre, Pandora refused to leave her cabin thinking no one was going to want to see her because she was the reason Hadleigh was dead. If Hadleigh hadn't pushed her out of the way she would be dead and not Hadleigh, who spent her dying breath reassuring Pandora she was okay. Pandora honestly hated herself, Hadleigh was a much better person than she was and she had so much more to live for. A sudden knock came to her door but she didn't move, "little wave? Please you need to eat something it's been a week! We need you out here with us! So please come out" Lee called but when he got no response he muttered a soft 'screw it' before he opened the door. The light flooded through the door and revealed a lump on the bed, Lee sighed softly as he walked over to the bed and sat by her knees. Pandora was curled up in a ball, she had tear stained cheeks and her eyes were bloodshot, she hiccuped softly as she tried to keep her sobs quiet. Lee lightly ran his hand through her hair as she sniffled, "it must be hard, she's the first person you've lost right?" Pandora nodded wordlessly.

"I-I tr-tried to save h-her, but she was too f-far gone" Pandora whispered as Lee stopped his hand.

He watched her sadly before he laid down next to the girl and pulled her into his arms, "I'm so so so sorry you had to see that little wave, no one deserves to feel like this or see what you saw" Lee whispered as he lightly kissed the top of her head. Pandora's sniffing got worse as she started to cry harder, she balled up his shirt in her fists as she cried into his chest. Naomi and Dixie walked up to the door of the cabin, Lee noticed them but motioned for them to not come in. He placed his hand at the back of her head and held onto her tightly, "we're here for you Dora" he whispered. Pandora nodded slightly as she continued to sob her heart out. Naomi walked into Pandora's cabin and took a seat on the floor beside her bed as Dixie joined her, they all remained silent as they mourned the friend they lost.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Lee shifted slightly as he looked to the window, he saw the afternoon sky signifying that it was almost dinner time. He slowly rubbed Pandora's back letting her wake up before he tried to talk to her again, "I know this is a pain unlike any other but I need you to eat something" he whispered to her making her look over to Dixie and Naomi. They were leaning on each other as they slept, Pandora looked over to Lee and nodded slightly as she moved to get out of bed. Lee lightly nudged the girls as Pandora went to open her trunk, her eyes went wide as they fell onto a wrapped present with a small note. Pandora's hands trembled slightly as she pulled the card off, "Happiest of birthdays little sister <3" Pandora smiled softly as a tear rolled down her cheek. She pulled out the gift and sat on her bed with the present set in her lap, she let her fingers ghost over the ribbon. Lee looked back towards Pandora as a small smile crept onto his face, Dixie and Naomi removed themselves from the floor as they walked over to Pandora. She slowly pulled off the ribbon and opened the small box to reveal a powder blue metal box with gold roses that decorated the top and side, she pulled the lid open and revealed a miniature satyr with a pan flute. Lee moved to touch the bottom of the box and started to crank it, after a few cranks he pulled his hand back and they watched the satyr slowly spin around as a soft melody of the Prologue of Into the Woods started to play. Pandora smiled up at Lee before looking to Naomi and Dixie, they smiled at her and they motioned to the door silently saying they would meet her outside. "That was a gift from her quest, she supposedly found it in this abandoned house she stumbled across after defeating a Chimera. She said it was the perfect gift for you because of your love of roses and the she had someone from Hephaestus cabin make the satyr playing it's pan flute. She asked someone to make the song seeing as your a musical nerd" Pandora playfully hit his shoulder as she sniffled and wiped her nose with the back of her hand.