Chapter 4

Thunder on the Water

Pandora walked up the Half-Blood hill with Serena, Nesaea and Chiron, when they finally came to a stop at the top of the hill by the entrance to Camp Half-Blood Nesaea and Serena turned to face Pandora who stared at them through teary eyes

Pandora walked up the Half-Blood hill with Serena, Nesaea and Chiron, when they finally came to a stop at the top of the hill by the entrance to Camp Half-Blood Nesaea and Serena turned to face Pandora who stared at them through teary eyes. Pandora rushed forward before attaching herself to the women's legs, "Are you leaving me here because of what I did to that Minotaur?" Pandora whispered as she looked up to the two with glossy eyes.

Serena and Nesaea shared a quick glance before they crouched down to the girls level, "of course not hunny this is for your safety" Nesaea said with a sad smile as a tear ran down her cheek, "this place is better equipped to keep you safe then we ever could, please don't think this is retaliation against you for keeping your family safe" Nesaea said with a shaky smile as she let out a soft laugh when Pandora's smaller hand gently wiped away a few tears. Nesaea pressed a tender kiss to the girl's forehead before she rose to her feet and walked back over to the car to grab Pandora's duffel bag so Serena could say her goodbyes, "Eleftheria i Thanatos, An me enkataleípsoun oi theoí, den tha péso sta chéria tou Krónou óses apoláfseis ki an prosférei, eísai i kóri tou Poseidóna allá poté den xechnás apó poú írthes. Kai poté den xechnás póso agapitós eísai" Serena said with a sad smile as she cupped Pandora's face.

(Freedom or Death, If the gods desert me, I will not fall into the hands of Kronos no matter what pleasures he offers, you are the daughter of Poseidon but you never forget where you came from. And you never forget how loved you are)

Pandora nodded as a smile took over her face, "Eleftheria i Thanatos, An me enkataleípsoun oi theoí, den tha péso sta chéria tou Krónou óses apoláfseis kai na prosférei, eímai kóri tou Poseidóna kai den tha xecháso poté apó poú írtha. Kai den tha xecháso poté póso agapitós eímai" Pandora recited her Greek phrase with a smile as she made a few changes.

(Freedom or Death, If the gods desert me, I will not fall into the hands of Kronos no matter what pleasures he offers, I am the daughter of Poseidon and I will never forget where I came from. And I will never forget how loved I am)

Serena smiled proudly as she pulled the girl in for a tight hug and kissed the top of her head, she let out a soft sigh as Nesaea came back with Pandora's duffle bag. Nesaea passed Pandora her bag before she crouched down again and pulled something out of her pocket, "your dad already gave you his gift and I wanted to give you mine now" she said with a small smile as she revealed what was in her hand. A Clear Quartz Arrowhead Necklace dangled off one of Nesaea's fingers making it glimmer in the noon sun, "this has been passed down through generations of our family. It was rumored to have the power to create illusions, whether it be to distract someone or show someone whatever you want them to see. All you have to do is channel some water around you and think about what you want someone to see" she explained as she started to pull some water from the plants as she created an illusion of a flowery meadow in a clearing of the woods that looked like the one by their house. Pandora smiled in wonder as she slowly twirled around to get a full look before it slowly started to fade away, "when ever you want to see me and Serena this will allow you to see us, now you won't be able to talk to us but this will hopefully bring you some comfort until you've been trained and know how to properly protect yourself and then we can talk about you coming home for a little bit" Nesaea explained with a smile as Serena gave her a cheeky wink.