*57* My family

Gemini POV

I have to tell my story.  P'Erin advised me against it many times, saying that it would only harm me now.  I don't care about it.  I want to tell you everything.  I don't want any understatements or false guesses from typical gossip mongers.

More than a year has passed since the day I met Fourth.  A lot has happened during this time.  I didn't always have time to regularly describe events from my life, and now ours.  I have a daughter who is not mine, but whom I love like my own (the fans don't know about her yet, I plan for them to learn about her from this book, I want to help them understand my perspective and the reasons that guided me).  I also have a lovely little sister.  And someone else who can still make my heart flutter even though we've been together for a while.

First things first.

* * *

“I'm going to my mother.  Do you want to come with me or are you going home?”

“I'm going with you.  I don't want to lose sight of you even for a minute, I'm afraid you'll disappear again”.

“I won't disappear, I promise.  All the evil people who wanted our lives are now in prison, we are safe”.

“I'll pretend to believe you” — His voice was still sad. He made an adorable face like a cute kitten. I couldn't help myself and kissed him on the forehead.

“Believe me.  Look how many people we have on our side.  They will always defend us,” — I tried to convince him. I meant my brothers, P'First, P'Singto, Professor Zee and... And my father. I still haven't gotten used to the idea that he was the one who saved me. My father, the man I hated so much for what he did to our mother and our entire family. I hugged Fourth briefly and then released him with obvious reluctance. I would have liked to stay in our apartment, lying on the couch with my head on his  on my knees and watching a movie together, preferably a comedy, because I have enough crime stories in my own life.

“Okay, let's go then”.

Fourth led me to the car and sat me in the front passenger seat.  He treated me like I was his princess.  It's funny, but I started wondering, is this how couples behave in relationships?  Even though I've been in a lot of shows, and even had a girlfriend or boyfriend in some (when Pond was my work partner), dating was definitely not my forte.  I already failed the first of our "official" dates after "returning to normal", i.e. after what NuNew, or should I say Annabelle, did to us.

We listened to music as we drove home.  Fourth, as if to spite me, put on my own song, Too Close To Handle, and started singing it to me.

It's weird because I hate this song.  Mainly because...

Never mind.

The most important thing is that my FotFot can turn something I hate into something I love.  Hearing his voice mix with my recorded one, I thought I heard choirs of angels singing together.  Although... Do angelic choirs sing at all?  Is that just their name?

Oh, let's put an end to these empty thoughts.  Now is not the time for philosophy.

They say that time passes faster in good company.  The journey to my family home passed too quickly.  Before I knew it, we were already walking through a narrow concrete path in the middle of a low, perfectly trimmed lawn.  We held hands as if we were afraid that if we let go of each other's hands, the other would disappear, vanish into thin air.  It was romantic and beautiful, I hope I described it correctly.  Fourth was saying something as we walked through the door.  No one came out to meet us, but I didn't care.  I motioned for my boyfriend to be quiet by putting my index finger to his lips.  He nodded at me and we went inside as quietly as we could.  I planned to surprise my mother, but it quickly turned out that she surprised me.