*44* Who is the father?

It had been an extremely long and tiring day for Gemini, and he was relieved when the cool water in the shower began to cool his hot body.  Evening came.  There were still almost two hours until the meeting with Prim.  Gem took a quick shower, changed into his pajamas and sat down at his desk to once again carefully review the messages between Heart and LiMing, which he now had access to thanks to P'First's help.  It was just a regular chat filled with mostly emojis, sweet words, flirting, and cute photos and videos.  Nothing suspicious.  The last message was from Heart, asking Li to buy him some things when he goes home.  LiMing never replied, surprisingly, he didn't even view the message.  Gem looked at the date: the message had been sent over a year earlier.  Something was very wrong here, but Gemini didn't have a chance to think about it.

He heard a familiar knock on the door and went to let Fourth in.  A moment later, his older brother also appeared.

First returned from his mission to find new information in police databases with a thick folder, slightly dirty with navy blue ink, which he immediately showed to Gemini and Fourth.  One item didn't fit with the others: a shortened copy of the birth certificate of a little child, a girl named Laura.

“I think I've found the motive…” First pointed to one particularly important entry.  “Look who's the father.  If we consider the feelings, including jealousy and pain, caused by betrayal...”

Gemini and Fourth immediately abandoned looking at the remaining documents.  Fourth almost tore the certificate.  Neither of them could believe their eyes.

“LiMing?!  I thought...”  Gemini didn't finish, seeing an unexpected movement behind P'First's back from the corner of his eye.  It was Heart who held up a photo of him and LiMing together.  As his rage grew, the lights in the room began to flash.

“Heart!  Calm down!” Gem shouted at him, but the ghost didn't listen.  Suddenly, the cabinet doors began to open and close with a loud bang, and the script for the TV series Moonlight Chicken, for which they had recorded the last scenes over two weeks earlier, fell off the desk. The sheets of paper containing their roles immediately burst into flames. Fourth began to panic and scream, and Gemini was equally  terrified, and his fear was made worse by the fact that he didn't know how to calm Heart down.

P'First, however, kept his cool.  He took a jug of water from the table and poured it on the burning sheets of paper, then said in a loud voice:

“Ghost nicknamed Heart, I order you to stop immediately!”

All the noise and madness stopped as suddenly as it had started.

“Heart, we need to talk.  Please explain this to us.  Has your boyfriend had an affair?”

Heart didn't want to answer that question.  Gemini got angry.  Fourth sat huddled in the corner next to the bed, trembling.  It was obvious how much it cost him.

“You said you needed my help.  You said you wanted to know the truth, and now that we're getting closer to finding out what happened to you, you're acting like a spoiled child who doesn't know what he wants”.

“Gemini…” First now tried to calm Gem down by placing a hand on his shoulder, but Gem shook it off.

“Leave me alone.  Maybe Heart doesn't want to know the truth at all.  I don't know.  Anyway, I don't want to deal with an idiot who is clearly playing with us right now.  I've had enough.  I have already devoted too much of my precious time and energy to this matter”.

Gemini didn't know what made him so angry.  Was it just because of Heart's behavior?  Or maybe it was also about Fourth?

Gemini couldn't sit still.  The story with this child, Laura, reminded him too much of something else, something that had happened in his family.  He thought about his father, about the betrayal he had committed, about the child who was supposedly his little sister, whose name he didn't even know.  The memories hit him again with the force of a typhoon.  Their father now had a new family, but Gem had witnessed more than once how much their mother missed her ex-husband, whom she had never stopped loving.  He thought that love can blind you and can often be the cause of crime.  He suspected that Heart, when he found out about the betrayal, might have killed LiMing himself.