*30* Task to complete

Gemini and Phuwin didn't know what the tasks would be that would test their loyalty, fortitude or courage, but P'Mile smiled slyly to himself.  He had everything carefully planned.

“Your first task will be to survive the night in an abandoned former school building”.

Gemini looked at Phuwin doubtfully.  Was this supposed to be a very difficult task?  Really?  He shrugged dismissively, sensing that this was just the beginning, that there was more to it, but P'Mile didn't say anything, just played with his glass of alcohol.

“And where is this abandoned school?”

“It's not far from here, Billy and Babe will take you there”.

“And that's all?”

“Oh no! That's not all. Do you think spending one night in an abandoned building is scary?  Then you should know the details about this school.  Babe, tell them”.

Babe stepped forward a little, taking his phone out of his pocket.  He unlocked it and found the appropriate presentation in his documents.  He connected the phone via WiFi to a large TV and started talking.

“Legend has it that back in the 1960s, during the heyday of this school, a teacher murdered his fifteen-year-old student there.  It is said that her spirit still haunts the empty corridors, demanding justice.  However, despite this dramatic event, the school operated until 2011. In the meantime, further events took place that cast a shadow on the history of this building.  In 2004, five students disappeared under mysterious circumstances after making a bet with their friends that they would spend the entire night in class 112.  Their belongings, including backpacks, flashlights, and even knives and candles, were found in the same classroom, but there was no trace of the five kids.  In 2012, two other students performed black mass rituals in which they invoked Satan, also in Class 112, since then this room has been considered the most haunted.  Already in the early evening you can hear the screams and moans of the victims who were absorbed by this terrifying building.  Some witnesses report that around midnight you can see lights in the windows of classrooms number 112 and 212, located one floor above. The latest story says that somewhere in the basement of this building there may be hidden and never found bodies of those five kids”.

P'Mile watched their reactions carefully.

Phuwin, who hated all paranormal stories, hid behind his brother's back and listened to the stories with growing horror, but Gemini was unmoved.  Ever since he met Heart, a cute and funny little ghost who liked to ship two boys together, he stopped caring about it.  According to him, ghosts weren't that scary.

“So what now?  Do you still want to take on this challenge?”

“Are you talking about spending only one night there?” Gemini made sure.

“Yes, one night.  For a year, no one had been able to stay there longer than ten minutes after midnight.  It is a haunted place, filled with suffering and evil.  Are you willing to do it or are you not brave enough?”

Gemini wasn't going to give the satisfaction to a mafia boss who seemed to him simply strange and eccentric.  He smiled with his typical confidence and said.

“One night is a breeze for us, we can even spend a whole week there.  I'm not afraid.  Spirits are immaterial, they cannot harm us”.

P'Mile nodded in approval.  Nong Gemini and his behavior impressed him, although it also bordered on excessive audacity, but he didn't blame the boy for it, on the contrary, he admired him for it.  He was like that when he was younger, but he had to change to take over the family business from his father.

“Babe, take the boys to a room where they can collect their equipment.  See you tomorrow at the same time, I'll come to you to this school, wait for me there”.

P'Mile left the living room, and Babe urged the boys, showing them the way to the room where, as it turned out, there was literally everything that could be useful to survive in any, even the most difficult, conditions.  The first part of this task was to choose appropriate tools and items that would help them survive the night in an abandoned and haunted building.  The problem was that the room contained not only what might be needed, but also a lot of completely useless bits and pieces.  Gemini immediately noticed two cat toys, a water gun, a bunch of keys hanging on a bone-like hook on the wall, a gold, gemstone-encrusted crown resembling a royal one, and even a few goose feathers on the desk. Not to mention christian cross on the wall.

The room had the atmosphere as if it had been taken out of a medieval European castle.  Gemini didn't like the heavy atmosphere hanging in the air.  He looked at the window, the sill of which was filled to the brim with various plants.  A beautiful blue butterfly took flight from one flower, flapping its wings, which seemed very loud in the silence.

There were oil portraits on the walls, probably the previous owners of this property.  In the display case, the boys noticed a collection of weapons, including daggers, swords, as well as rifles and pistols.  Without a second thought, Gemini went there and tried to open the door of the furniture, which initially didn't want to open too easily.  Gemini focused and tried again.  To his surprise, the second time the cabinet door opened without any resistance.  He frowned and began looking through the available weapons.  He didn't even look at the long-barreled rifle, it was too big and too conspicuous, and they needed something small.  After a moment of consideration, he chose the sharpest dagger and two small, handy pistols, the magazines for which he found in the bottom drawer of the wardrobe.  He handed one set to his brother.

“Take this, you never know what might come in handy”.

“Do you want to shoot ghosts?  I don't think it can harm them in any way, it may just make them angry.”

“I'm not going to shoot ghosts, I already told you, I'm not afraid of them, but people are different, real people with unknown intentions.  We must have something to defend”.

Phu nodded.  He himself had already found two powerful flashlights, which he checked.  They both glowed bright, but not too bright, and seemed perfect for a night trip.  Phu also packed sleeping bags, although he was almost sure they wouldn't sleep for a minute there.