Chapter Fourteen : the mages hut

En başından başla

"Sylvester may I talk to you" Fern lent him a hand to help get up, they took him to the other side of the room in eyeline of the rest but not hearing distance, "This is going to be hard to hear but, Lone- he is trying to kill you" Fern thought to keep Lones true identity and how this place was supposedly his a secret, they had no evidence it had vanished out of thin air, "Thats not very nice" his brain was like that of a 10 year old, no one knew how much memories had got taken away from him, he remembered Harth and there time together. He was still angered by what Lone was attempting, however he had something much more prioritized on his mind, "I'm leaving to find Harth" Sylvester announced to the whole group. Fern was tasked with keep Sylvester safe, they would never like to disappoint Harth, "LONE HAS HARTH" nothing was ever said to confirm this yet it seemed to slip out of Ferns mouth in a fit of anxiety, "And if your left alone, he kill you" Fern breath felt like a weight in there throat. "If that's the case I'll go to see Lone instead" he was not going to back down, "Don't you see Sylvester? We can't lose you! Harth can't lose you." The pain in Ferns voice lowered, "If you're going, we're going too." Fern looked her way around the room trying to notice any volunteers. Itto shook his head and picked up Halobean, "She's injured I have to take her to the infirmary" he gave a sorry look to Fern and walked past back up to the ground floor. "How about you, your majesty?" They sighed with a longing look in their eyes, "Yes I will come" Cyrus agreed. Sylvester now finally put back with a smile on his face, "So where is this person Lone anyway?" Cyrus and Sylvester made eye contact with a guilty Fern, "Well you see, we don't quite know" Sylvester and Cyrus frowned in disappointment.

"But there was this picture, of Harth! And there was a beach" Fern scraped through their mind and seemed to remember something that wasn't actually there, "There was a hut" Fern picked up the dust that the painting had faded to, "On the mountain" they showed the dust to the two. "Harth looks pretty." Sylvester weirdly said as if the painting has slipped back into his reality, "Sylvester there's nothing there" Cyrus checked up on him, he replied with an innocent smile of a spider shivering Fern and Cyrus. "About this hut, there's no such place?" Cyrus has started to lead Fern and Sylvester outside, "Yes it has, I remember it!" Fern insisted she remembered such a hut existing, the rich sun blinded them as they finally had made it to the top of the stairs linking the two floors of the library, "It's the next day already?" Fern asked, "Actually it's been two." Cyrus reply had scared Fern, was Lone really that good at making you lose track of reality? Even with his power the question seemed absurd, but this was just raw magic and manipulation. The conversation gone on until they reached the drawbridge of the castle, the nearby sea made the wind cold, colder than Fern was used to in their home land, Fern continued insist such a hut existed and low and behold it did. While it concerned Cyrus, Sylvester was already running to the village gates with Fern chasing behind him. Outside of the castle town was bright and vibrant, it made the trash filled streets look heir-grey, the pathway was neatly cut separating the paths to the beach, mountains and other countries and villages.

It took a while to get to the top of the mountain, it was already the evening but here they stood finally Infront of this huts door, it appeared with straw wood and leaves as if it was set up by a new tourist looking to tour Baylou. Knock one, a ringing sound in their ears echoed through their mind. Knock two, it stopped and instead a sound of a lock being unlocked was replaced. Knock three, and the door was open. The man who answered had a similar appearance to the one of Lones, the same sandy hair, the same grinning smug yet his clothes were much poorer and actually looked like they were from the lower class. Before Fern could even tell the man why they were here the three were already sitting on a cold blistering wooden bench in this mans dingy house. Fern was chilled, "Please do not do that again, who are you?" without manners they cut straight to the point aiming to grab their rapier at the nearest opportunity studying this man's face. "I am Lone-" the man got cut of as Fern grabbed their rapier and threatened it at his neck, "LONE ITS YOU, SYLVESTER GET BACK!"  the man lowered the rapier down with a calm expression on his face, "I am Lones brother" he calmed the group down. This would explain his appearance, so Fern did not question, "Please do not inform me you are aligned with your sad excuse for a brother" they still held their sword tight, "Heavens no! I would never work with that traitor" he seemed to hold a grudge against Lone such as the rest.

"Sadly, I may not help you with what you need, I advise you leave now." he stood up to meet Ferns height, "nor can I tell you anything about what role he plays" this wording about roles implied as if the world was some stage and all the men and women were merely players. Fern did not let his wording trick them and continued to question, "He wants to end my friend here's life, and he abuses our friend who we have suspicion to believe is somewhere here with you" it was the first time anyone had said out loud the suspicion that Lone would do that to Harth, they had act like it was true, like they new for certain this is what was happening behind the scenes and it put a laugh on the man's face. He walked around the group slowly, he was a shark surrounding their prey waiting to attack, "I can't really say Lone ever talked to us before, ever since he betrayed us" he refused to make eye contact, "But ever since he met that girl, he was obsessed with her and would do anything for her, including never speaking to us again" he was bitter about his brothers betrayal. He had one final laugh before standing still staring at all of them with a hypnotizing look, "Sorry my friend but its unfortunately not possible to interrupt what harths doing, she is out of my brothers grasp and no harm has come to her." he leaned over the table with his brother's signature smirk, "4 days she said? Didn't she? That leaves thirty-eight hours left." Fern and Sylvester both clearly unsatisfied continued to pester the mage, "Thirty-eight hours, if she doesn't come back go ahead and find her, but I heavily advise doing it any time before that" his voice turned toa stern whisper and jumped back up, "my job here is done". With in a blink of an eye they were in front of the castle gates looking back at the hut, it was never there not in real life or their memories.

Fern cautiously took Sylvester up to his room writing in their journal as they gone upstairs, "Please, make sure Sylvester is not left alone"

Fern asked Itto, "Don't worry, I promise"