THREE • Ksena • Atlanta, GA

I woke up to the sound of my dad knocking on my door .

"You up sweet pea?" He asked

"I am now, you can come in!" I said sitting up

"I just wanted to let you know I'm going out of town for business today, and I'll be gone for 2 days . If you need anything call me and DO NOT turn off your location. I love you, and good luck on your test!!" he said as he hugged me .

"Thanks dad , be safe don't do nun I wouldn't do." I said and we laughed .

I still haven't told him what happened in Texas with Amarion and I'm not gone tell him . He already didn't go much like the nigga fr . I just need a vacation to get my mind off it fr. I might just book one after I take my exam .

I got my books and my index cards out to start studying but my cards were ruined and everything in my bag was wet. "Fuck!" I yelled went into my bathroom and emptied the bag and dried it. At this point I feel like the devil is busy.

I went down stairs into my dad's office to see if he had some extra index cards and sharpie markers. I went to his desk and grabbed the red black and blue markers. Then I looked inside the drawer on the desk but didn't see any index cards.

"Damn, I must've got the last 2 packs last time." I said to myself I was irritated at this point.

I went over to his filing cabinet and I saw some index cards and new packs of markers pens, pencils, and printer paper.

I picked up 2 packs of index card and a new pack of markers and saw what looks like a news article hidden underneath. I picked up the article and opened it and it was a whole stack of papers stapled and folded together .

In the article was a picture of my mom that read "3 gun shots reported, leaving a 26 year old wife & mother of 2 pronounced dead on the scene , A 30 year old male has been arrested at this time."

"No no no this can't be. . " I said quietly and my eyes started to swell up with tears

I heard Zanna vacuuming in the living room and I put everything back like it was and took the stapled papers upstairs with me .

I sat on my bed and I flipped through the other pages trying to calm my mind and read and understand what I was looking at and my mouth dropped as tears streamed down my face . The page was a payment agreement receipt to a lawyer by the name of Johnathan Gilmore signed by my dad .

I took my phone out to look him up and apparently he died 16 years ago.

I was in complete shock these people been lying to me my whole life. I was always told she died in a car accident. Only to find out she was shot to death and my dad paid whoever did it off and their lawyer . I sat there crying , heart filled with anger and sadness . I honestly don't know what to do or who to call.

I got up and got my suitcase out the closet and started grabbing some of my clothes out of my drawers and throwing them in the suitcase, as much as I could fit.

I grabbed my purse and put the papers in it and grabbed my keys and headed downstairs. I stopped at the top of the stairs to see if I could hear where Zanna was but I didn't see her so I tip toed out the front door .

I just drove. I didn't know where I was going all I could do was just drive and cry ..

(Hey y'all 👋🏾 this chapter is shorter) give me feedback and votes won't hurt 🫤