Chapter 0.1

Ali waved goodbye to Kyouka as she left the apartment shared between the two.

"Make sure to call me if you're in any trouble!" She called, then she looked at Atsushi.

"And make sure that you tell me what happened when she gets home ok?!" She told him sternly earning a slight chuckle from him.

Atsushi jokingly saluted, "Yes ma'am!" He said, before takin Kyouka by the hand and started to walk away.

When the two were gone, Ali went back into the apartment, grabbing some flour, cocoa, sugar, eggs and milk.

She put them into a bowl and started to mix.

...

Straightening her loose military jacket, the girl with dyed blonde hair twirled around, watching in the mirror how her oversized jacket swished with her

"Do I really have to go?" She asked, turning around to look at the raven haired person behind her, her lips slightly pressed together.

The person shrugged, "It's your responsibility Calico." They told her, "Believe me. If I could avoid this I would."

Calico frowned, her brow furrowing, "My name's Satsuji... How many times do I have to tell you that?!" She muttered, returning her eyes to the mirror as she fiddled with the black ring on her middle finger.

"Mhm... Anyways your name on the battlefield will be Hachi ok?" The person said, still standing behind Satsuji.

Satsuji tilted her head, still facing the mirror, "Like the dog?" She asked, a slight frown on her face, "Why can't we use my normal name? Or a nickname, like Kaspu?" She asked.

The person shook their head, "We're not using something that means custard pudding... Who even gave you that nickname anyways?" They asked sitting down.

(A/N: Kaspu is a combination of the 2 Japanese words custard pudding. I'm using Google translate though, so it might not be accurate.)

Satsuji's eyes darkened as she forced her eyes to the blue sword that was resting on the counter, "By the way... Why's there even a sword here? Aren't we in the modern era? Swords are a little outdated..." She said, picking up the sword by the hilt as she twirled it in the air.

As she blinked, she swore that she saw two versions of the person behind her, one behind her and the other reaching to grab the sword.

As she jerked her hand and the sword away, the person smirked, their hand still reaching out. "That's why." They said simply.

Blinking in confusion, Satsuji dropped the sword. "Does it... Tell me about the future or something?" She asked, holding the sword in the air in confusion.

The person hummed, already leaving the room as they closed the door behind them, leaving Satsuji alone.

After a couple beats of silence, Satsuji dropped the sword to the ground, "Why did no one tell me about a future telling sword?!" She yelled.