Chapter 4

A/N: Some of the stuff may not be the same to the anime. Because I'm poor and can't afford to get a crunchyroll subscription and watch the anime... So I'll be using the manga for most of the events in the story.

While furniture shopping Dazai questioned me about my ability.

I picked out some plates while telling him about it. "My ability is called In my own little world. I can transform into characters I've created in the past." Then I sighed as I put the plates into my bag "But I can't really control it. I need the characters to say a specific phrase to deactivate it."

"What's the phrase?" Dazai asked. I shook my head "I can't really remember... I only know that they have to say the phrase." Dazai sighed and then left to go ask a lady to commit double suicide with him.

When Dazai left I went up to Atsushi. Atsushi flinched when he saw me but before he could say anything I bowed deeply to him. "I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. I just... Don't like it when people don't value their lives..."

Atsushi quickly held up both his hands "N-no! I completely understand where you're coming from... I'll try to be more careful in the future..."

I smiled as I softly spoke "Thank you..."

...

"I'm so sorry for my behavior!" Tanizaki bowed down to me and Atsushi.

Dazai and Kunikida had brought us to a restaurant as a celebration, and the Tanizaki siblings had tagged along to apologize to me and Atsushi for (possibly) scaring us for the rest of our lives. 

"Even if it was a test... It was still pretty bad of me to act that way..." Tanizaki said sadly

"No it's fine! You were just doing your job!" Atsushi said quickly.

"Yeah!" I quickly agreed after him.

Me and Atsushi both tried to comfort Tanizaki as Kunikida lectured him about how he shouldn't be sorry because he was just doing his job.

"Anyways kids... From here on you're with the detective agency. Don't go around copying people who put a stain on our good name..." Kunikida instructed, obviously talking about one of our new co-workers.

He's talking about Dazai isn't he...

The man in question seemed to be annoying a waitress by asking her to strangle him.

Kunikida grabbed him and I took that as my cue to look away. Atsushi also seemed to catch up and both of us focused our attention of Tanizaki.

"Umm... I'll introduce myself again... I'm Tanizaki, I'm the sales clerk for the agency."

He motioned towards Naomi "And this here is-"

"I'm the little sister Naomi!!!" She jumped into her brothers arms and nuzzled into his chest. Then she quietly muttered "If it's about big brother... I know everything..."

"Y-you two are siblings... Really?" Atsushi stammered as he watched the two them.

"Hmmm? Are you doubting us?" 

Yeah I'm not looking.

I looked away and filtered out everything that Naomi was saying.