CHAPTER 12: BOMBS AND BUMPS

Deep inside the alleyways of Orario, an old-looking shop surrounded by decrepit buildings that had not been managed or cleaned for years could be seen. In the shop, an old woman who wore the attire of a witch sat at the counter with an air of mystery around her. An array of crystals and trinkets spread throughout the shop giving a vibe of mystic and magic to those who entered.

*DING*

The old Witch looked to the door upon hearing the bell indicating she had customers to serve. What she saw was an odd sight even after her years of managing the shop it was the first time she saw the odd pairing, she saw her regular customer, the apprentice of the strongest mage of Orario, the thousand elf Lefiya Veridis, accompanied by her was a unique looking young boy whose hair was as white as snow and eyes as red as rubies who wore certain gray trench coat that it had a similar design of her old acquaintances once before they left Orario.

Seeing the boy's childish reaction to her magic Items and trinkets upon entering led her to think the child was a newcomer to the city and a person who didn't even know how to use magic, a very strange one indeed for a shop that delves in magic alike.

"Ho~ Ho~, I greet you oh great thousand elf of the Loki Familia." The old Witch greeted the Elf.

"It is also a pleasure, Miss Lenoa."

Lefiya bowed in return while a stunned rabbit looked at the Elf with widened eyes upon hearing the orange-haired Elf's title.

"And who's this with you? Your Boyfriend?" the witch teased, leaving Lefiya and the rabbit embarrassed.

"N-No, J-just happened to run into him, his name is..." Lefiya said but looked at the rabbit upon realizing she had not asked the name of the boy, she was either too busy focusing on whether the boy would do something bad to her and never ask about his identity.

Seeing the Elf's look the boy quickly bowed in front of the witch, "My name is Bell Cranel, I'm currently new to Orario and the only member of my Familia." He revealed. "I-I just happened to bump into Miss Lefiya while looking for this shop."

The witch scratched her chin this time as she let out a loud hum hearing the boy's explanation. If he is outside of Orario and knows about her shop's existence that only a few know, then he must be acquainted with someone she knows. To add to it, the design of the coat the boy wore was quite similar to that Familia of entertainers, could it be?

"Well, then what do I owe the pleasure to my fine shop of trinkets?"

"Well...I was asked to give you this..." the boy then took out something from his coat, revealing a piece of paper with some writing written on it.

Upon receiving the letter, the witch was surprised by the content. It did confirm her suspicion about the boy, but she had not expected it was from one of her oldest acquaintances. The letter was a quick greeting asking how she was and what she was doing, however, that quickly changed as she read the part where she owes a favor and was now time to return it by helping the boy with what he needed.

'Ho~Ho~, that tricky elf.' She thought as she looked at the boy, "Is said here, you need something to buy. What would you like?"

The boy thinks for a moment trying to remember what he needs. After a few seconds. "Do you guys have an item called 'capsule bombs'?"

"Ho~Ho~ never expected you as a man of tricks, but let me see if I had more in the back. Also, Miss Veridis the crystals that your Familia ordered are finished just wait here for a moment." Said the witch before leaving.

When the witch left leaving only the Elf and the rabbit behind, an awkward silence appeared making a very uncomfortable moment between the two.

"So... How's your time in Orario." The Elf asked trying to lighten the awkward atmosphere.