CHAPTER 1: GREET and GIFT part 1

Wind burst around the endless rocky terrain of the dungeon floor. As a blond-haired girl traverses its areas, looking for something. What was she looking for? Why was she in a hurry?

Not so long ago, her Familia was returning from their expedition. As they travel back to the surface, an irregular spawning of hordes of Bull-like monsters occurs. Some of her Familia members fought off the hordes, however, some escaped to the higher floors. Their captain ordered her and others to kill the Minotaurs to prevent any accidents for those who unfortunately have to face them.

"HEY, AIS WE HAVE TO SPLIT, YOU GO IN THAT DIRECTION, AND I GO IN THIS DIRECTION. TCH IS SO ANNOYING TO SAVE THOSE WEAKLINGS!" Ordered a gray-haired man with wolf ears and tail to the blond-haired girl named Ais while complaining. Ais only nodded before splitting.

Ais now darted around the room looking for the escaped Minotaurs.

"ROWWR!!!"

When she heard a loud monstrous scream, she quickly went in that direction, hoping that whoever encountered the monster was safe. When she was closer to the scream she was surprised by the sight. There she saw the Minotaur wildly thrashing around while a figure was riding at its back holding a metal chain that wrapped around the monster's neck.

She didn't know who the figure was, she could only confirm it was a teenage male wearing a piece of metal chest plate, black pants, boots, and a long dark gray trench coat that reached the knees, wrapped around the waist was a brown belt with two holsters at the back. The boy's mouth and nose were covered by a mask, and only the red eyes and white hair could be seen.

The Blond could only watch how the Boy rode around the Minotaur while trying to strangle it. Her staring stopped when the Minotaur slammed itself to the wall making the white-haired boy fall on the ground and drop the chain. She quickly darted to the monster and sliced it in half, completely killing it. After killing the monster Ais looked at the surprised boy while he was covered in blood.

"Are you alright?" she said with an emotionless expression.

****

A few minutes earlier

" ROWWR!!"

"HAAAA!!"

Bell was screaming while running away from the Bull-like monster. He ran around the floor, hoping to escape from the monster.

'Why was there a Minotaur on the 5th floor??!! And why did I have to come here? I should have stopped at the 4th. ' He thought while regretting his decision. 'My master would just laugh at me again if he learned about this.' he imagined a laughing jet black-haired man rolling on the ground.

He stopped thinking when he entered a dead end. As the monster drew near, he recalled a memory of when his master was teaching him about how to counter and kill monsters

"Ok, Bell listen up." The mercenary said while Bell was giving him his full attention. "When you face a monster that is two times larger than you, you have to focus on their blind spots, it is usually found at their backside." He explained while pointing his finger at his back."

Bell only nodded while mentally memorizing what he said.

The mercenary then shows a rope and walks closer to the tree beside him. "You could use your size as an advantage, because of their size it would be easier to predict what they will do, and can easily dodge those attacks if you are quick enough." He then used the rope to wrap around the tree. "If you managed to go around it you could wrap something to strangle it. When you successfully wrap it around the neck...you pull and kick." He said while demonstrating with a tree. When he kicked the tree while still holding the ropes, the tree was completely cut in half by the force.

Bell was awestruck by the sight, while his master laughed at him.

Closing his eyes, and took a deep breath before opening them again, His red eyes were now full of determination to face the monster, as he ready his stance to fight the upcoming Minotaur while holding two hunting knives he had purchased from the guild. He waited for the monster to come in his way and enact his plan.

When the Minotaur showed up, he quickly ran toward the monster. The monster tried to punch with its giant fist but he completely evaded the attack as he slid underneath it, he then tried to use his knives to slice the tendon of the monster, however, due to the tough skin and the poor materials that made the knives, it only shattered when he hit the tendon. He gritted his teeth in frustration as he jumped away to avoid an attack from the Minotaur.

As he faces the Minotaur once again, he quickly looks around in his trench coat to find something. As he found it he quickly pulled it out showing a rusted metal chain that he had found when he was looking for a Familia. He darted toward the Minotaur once more, but he did not slide this time when the monster tried to punch him again. He kicked the ground as he jumped and landed on the Minotaur's back, he quickly wrapped the chain around the neck and pulled all his might to strangle the giant Bull.

The Bull thrashes around to get rid of the boy, however, Bell only pulls harder causing more thrashing by the Bull. If it was any other day, Bell would laugh and enjoy trying to ride an animal, but today it was a matter of life and death, if he lost grip, he would die, if he lost focus, he would die, so he could only clench his teeth to endure it until the Minotaur die. Fate or Destiny however had other plans, the Bull suddenly slammed itself into the wall, and at the same time, the rusted chain had now lost its strength and broke off into two, and due to his low status could not help but fall on the ground.

When the Bull impacted the wall, Bell lost his balance and fell from the back, he quickly looked for the chains but noticed it was broken. The Minotaur now recovered from the impact looked at the now weaponless boy with anger filling his eyes. Bell is still on the floor strangled to get up as he is nearing his limit, is this how he dies? No, No, he would live to see another day, gathering all remaining strength he would dodge the upcoming attack. When the Bull was about to charge at him, but stopped in front of Bell when the Minotaur felt something piercing his back. Before it could react it disappeared when it was sliced in half, the blood from the monster splattered around hitting Bell with it.

Bell was surprised by what happened and quickly looked up to the one who saved him, Her golden-blond hair swished around like the with while looking at him with an emotionless expression.

"Are you alright?" She uttered still looking at him with her golden eyes.

***********************************************************************************************

AN: Part 2 is at work, comment what you think. Thank you for reading the fanfic.

P. S: Help me spread my story, thank you