Chapter One

A long time ago in a special little creek not so far away

It was the last day of school in Herkleton, Maryland and 10-year-old Craig Williams was upholding a promise he made a month ago to his best friends, J.P. Mercer and Kelsey Pokoly. They were due for another trip into the Infinite DC – this time in a TARDIS and not a Stargate.

He talked it over with his middle school teacher and personal tutor, who also happened to be a traveler from another world...another dimension...a member of an alien race known as "Time Lords." This particular Time Lord was named Aznavorian, but they went by many others that they gave to the different faces they regenerated with. The one that Craig called teacher and friend was Rania, who was Aznavorian's sixth form – a beautiful Caucasian brunette, physically of twenty years of age, commonly seen wearing a black turtleneck, olive skinny jeans, and brown shoes.

 The one that Craig called teacher and friend was Rania, who was Aznavorian's sixth form – a beautiful Caucasian brunette, physically of twenty years of age, commonly seen wearing a black turtleneck, olive skinny jeans, and brown shoes

Rania was always kind, a trait passed down from her preceding incarnations. Craig assumed Rania's kindness stemmed from being a husband and father in her original incarnation, a man who assumed the Earth name of "Steven." But there was more to it than just parental instincts. Ever since Neas – Aznavorian's Time Lord/human progeny – left adventuring with Craig and Rania for unknown reasons, Rania had treated Craig three times with as much kindness as before. She once confessed to Craig that she didn't want to feel alone in the multiverse; and, without him, she was certain to be, having neither family nor friends.

Rick Sanchez (another traveler of the multiverse) once said about Rania, "How could a woman as hot as that ever feel alone?"

Rania called him an "idiot" for such an impervious observation.

Another trait unique to this incarnation of Aznavorian was her contempt of sexual innuendos or perversion of any type, usually citing them as inconsequential or insulting to her intelligence. She certainly didn't like it when any of it was used around the 10-year-old Craig specifically, another display of her strong parental disposition.

At school that last day, Rania asked for Craig, J.P., and Kelsey to meet her at the Creek for a special surprise.

"What kind of surprise did she say it was?" Kelsey asked out of excitement.