Don't be jealous darling!

"You can go sit wherever you want." Mr. Sánchez said to her.

"Alright!" she nodded and sat in the front row.

"So who's the new girl?" Hugo bent over between me and Daniela.

"I don't know. How did she even manage to get in when the year is almost over?" Dani asked.

"She's pretty."

"She can be pretty, but we don't know if she's nice or not. Right Mia? Mia?"

My face was pale. This can't be happening. This is not true. It's just a dream! Maybe if I close my eyes hard enough, I'll wake up in my bed and she will be gone!

"Mia are you okay?" Daniela tapped my shoulder.

"What is she doing here?!"

"What do you mean?" Dani looked at me confused.

"Well she's here to study I guess. Why else would she come here?" Hugo replied.

"This can't be... Ugh..." I almost hit my head on the table.

"Did you take some special pill this morning Mia?" Hugo asked even more confused than Dani was.

"Shut up Hugo! Mia what is happening?"

"I'll explain it later..."

"I wanna know now!" Hugo whispered, which annoyed Dani and caused her to push him back.

"Sit back down! She was talking to me, not you!"

"She's my friend too. And I wanna..."

"Say another word and I'll call Mr. Sánchez!"

He just rolled his eyes at her as she turned back to me. I was still in shock. My heart was pounding fast at the thought of her.

I thought that I got rid off her. I thought that I'll never see her again! Unfortunately for me, she's here...
In the front row, ready to make my life miserable...

***

The moment I heard the bell, I took my bag and immediately left the classroom, along with other students.
I didn't want to spend another minute in that room with the person who ruined my life.

"Mia, will you tell me what's happening?!" Dani stopped me.

"Not here! Come with me!" I took her hand and dragged her to my locker.

"Tell me! Who is she and why were you looking at her like she's a ghost?!"

"That's Amanda...my enemy... Or at least that's what she thinks. I've never thought about her as my enemy, but for some reason, her life mission is to make my life miserable."

"Woah woah woah... What are you talking about?"

"She also lived in Los Angeles. When we were little, we went to the same kindergarten, then same primary school, even same high school. Everything was great... until we started 7th grade."

"What did she do?"

"We used to be best friends. We were always together, playing at each others house. Our parents knew each other and they were really good friends actually. But she changed..."

"What do you mean by that - she changed?"

"I know it's pretty like American thing to have that one bully in school, but this is not a movie. She was really a bully, not only towards me, but also towards other girls. She's nothing like those mean girls you see in dumb high school shows."