chp 20

Inks and innings

Chp 20

As Divya stormed downstairs, her demeanor radiated determination and authority, her formal attire adding to her aura of power. Kavya, her mother-in-law, intercepted her path, concern etched on her features.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry, beta?" Kavya inquired, her brows furrowed with worry.

Divya's lips curved into a smile, forgetting the turmoil brewing within her. "Work," she replied

Kavya's frown deepened. "But where exactly do you work?" she pressed, her tone laced with curiosity.

Before Divya could respond, Ranvijay, her father-in-law, entered the room, his eyes alight with admiration. "I must say, Divya, I'm a huge fan of your prime-time show. I never miss an episode," he confessed, his words accompanied by a warm smile.

Divya's smile faltered at the unexpected praise.

Kavya seized the opportunity to intervene, redirecting the conversation to a more practical matter. "Divya, what about dinner? " she inquired, her maternal concern evident in her voice.

"Ma I will eat later," Divya said

"Not happening it's 7 rn and you will be back late so I am not letting you leave the house empty stomach"
"Ma I am getting late pls"

"Bachha wait, have this roll eat it while you drive it fuzz"

Arriving at her office, Divya wasted no time in immersing herself in her work. She powered up her laptop and began preparing for her prime-time show, her focus unwavering despite the lingering turmoil in her heart.

Parth, her assistant, observed her with a mixture of surprise and concern as she worked diligently at her desk. Unable to contain his curiosity, he approached her tentatively. "Divya, is everything alright? I noticed you're wearing a mangal sutra. Did something happen?" he inquired, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Divya's hands paused momentarily as she registered Parth's questions. She took a deep breath, steeling herself against the emotions threatening to overwhelm her. "It's a long story, Parth. Let's just say things are... complicated," she replied evasively, her tone guarded.

Parth nodded understandingly, sensing her reluctance to elaborate. "Well, if you need anything, just let me know," he offered, his expression sympathetic.

Divya managed a small nod of appreciation before returning her focus to her work, determined to push aside her troubles and deliver a flawless performance on her prime-time show.

After her show telecast ended she did some work for the next day, assigned tasks, and prepared for the PPT she was working on

It was already 12 so she finally left for her home she was very tired from all the wedding and fuss

As Divya pulled into the driveway of Abhimanyu's house, exhaustion weighed heavily upon her shoulders. The clock on her dashboard glowed with the late hour, reminding her of the time slipping away. With a weary sigh, she gathered her belongings and stepped out of the car, her footsteps echoing in the stillness of the night.

Just as she reached out to ring the doorbell, the door swung open, revealing Kavya's silhouette in the dim light of the hallway. Surprise flickered across Divya's features as she registered her mother-in-law's unexpected presence.

"Maa, what are you doing up at this hour?" Divya questioned, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Kavya smiled warmly, her eyes crinkling at the corners with affection. "I couldn't sleep knowing you were out so late, beta. Come inside, I will warm up some food for you," she replied, gesturing for Divya to enter.

Divya hesitated for a moment, touched by Kavya's thoughtfulness. "But I can't disturb you at this hour, maa. You should rest," she protested weakly, her exhaustion evident in her voice.

Kavya shook her head firmly, her expression resolute. "Nonsense, beta. You're family now, and family takes care of each other. Now come, sit down and eat. You must be starving," she insisted, guiding Divya into the warmth of the house.

Grateful for Kavya's kindness, Divya followed her inside, allowing herself to be led to the dining table. As she settled into her seat, the aroma of home-cooked food enveloped her senses, bringing a sense of comfort and reassurance.

With each bite, Divya felt the tension of the day melt away, replaced by a soothing sense of contentment. As she savored the simple pleasure of a warm meal shared with family, she couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos of her new life.

At that moment, as she sat at the table with Kavya by her side, Divya realized that perhaps, despite the challenges that lay ahead, she had found a flicker of light in the darkness – a glimpse of the warmth and compassion that could blossom from unexpected places, if only she dared to open her heart to the possibility.

Breaking the silence Kavya told Divya that tomorrow would be her people rasoi,to which Divya nodded and said ok