chp 17

Inks and innings

Chp 17

Abhimanyu hesitated for a moment, watching Divya's tears stream down her cheeks. He wanted to comfort her, to ease the pain he saw etched on her face, but the words seemed to elude him. Finally, he took a deep breath, stepping closer to her with a sense of authority tempered by empathy.

"Divya," he began, his voice steady yet gentle, "I understand this is difficult for you. But we need to leave. We have a long journey ahead, and Dora and Peaches need to get settled in."

His words hung in the air, a silent plea for her to gather herself and move forward. He offered her a supportive glance, hoping she would find solace in his presence despite the turmoil of emotions that threatened to overwhelm them both.

As they settled Dora and Peaches in the car, Abhimanyu hesitated for a moment before broaching the subject of his own dog, Shiro. "Divya," he began tentatively, "I have a dog named Shiro. He's a bit territorial, but I'm sure he'll adjust once we introduce him to Dora and Peaches."

Divya's heart sank at the mention of another dog joining the mix. "Abhimanyu, are you sure that's a good idea?" she questioned, her voice tinged with concern. "Three dogs in one space... it could get chaotic."

Abhimanyu's brow furrowed in frustration. "Divya, Shiro is a part of my family. He can't just be left behind," he insisted, his tone firm.

"But what if they don't get along?" Divya countered, her anxiety mounting with each passing second. "What if they fight or hurt each other?"

Their voices rose in a heated exchange, each one adamant in their stance. Divya's fear clashed with Abhimanyu's determination, creating a tension that seemed to hang in the air like a heavy fog. Despite their best efforts to find common ground, the prospect of integrating Shiro into their lives loomed large, casting a shadow over their fledgling relationship.

Now the debate again starts on who should take the drivers seat

Abhimanyu: "I should drive. I know the way, and besides, I'm a better driver."

Divya: "But it's my car, and I'm more comfortable driving. Plus, I need to make sure Dora and Peaches are settled."

Abhimanyu: "We can't waste time. Let me drive, and you can focus on the dogs."

Divya: "I can multitask. And I don't trust your driving skills."

Abhimanyu: "Fine, but if we get lost, don't blame me."

Divya: "I won't, but don't say I didn't warn you.Murkhe khutla ,kahich kalat nahi"{mad!doesnt understand anything"}

Abhimanyue: kay?

Abhimanyue: kuch nahi.

As they entered their new home, Kavya greeted them with warmth, performing the traditional aarti to bless the newlyweds. Divya and Abhimanyu stood side by side, as they received the blessings from Abhimanyu's mother.

As Divya extended her hand respectfully towards Kavya's feet, intending to seek her blessings in accordance with tradition, she was met with an unexpected reaction. Kavya recoiled slightly, her expression tightening as she took a step back.

"No,tum meri beti ho aur betiya pair nahi chuiti " she said sharply, her tone firm and unwavering.

Divya's hand froze mid-air, her brow furrowing in confusion at the unexpected rebuke. She withdrew her hand slowly, uncertainty clouding her features as she searched Kavya's eyes for an explanation.

Kavya's gaze softened slightly as she registered Divya's confusion, though her expression remained guarded. "It's not necessary," she explained tersely, her voice tinged with a hint of impatience. "We don't need to adhere to outdated customs and rituals in this household."

Divya's heart sank at Kavyas words she felt complete,she also didnt believe in all this but due to orthodox traditions she tried

.

Once the aarti was complete, the attention turned to the introduction of the canine members of the family. Shiro, Abhimanyu's dog, cautiously approached Dora and Peaches, his tail wagging tentatively as he sniffed them in greeting. Divya watched anxiously, her heart racing with apprehension at the prospect of the three dogs cohabiting under one roof.

Kavya observed the interaction with a smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "It seems like they're getting along just fine," she remarked, her voice laced with optimism.

Divya forced a smile, though her doubts lingered. "I hope so," she replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

As they settled into their new surroundings, Kavya explained the post-wedding rituals that awaited them. "There are a few traditions that we follow after the wedding," she explained. "It's a way to bring luck and prosperity to the newly married couple."

Divya listened attentively, eager to learn more about the customs and traditions of her new family. Despite her initial reservations, she felt a glimmer of hope as she embarked on this new chapter of her life, surrounded by loved ones and embraced by the warmth of tradition.