Chapter 30

There was an awkward silence, followed by Blake clearing his throat and appearing to digest my words for a moment, his eyes gazing longingly into mine.

"You are?" he asked, seeming totally surprised. "I didn't think... I just..."

"I'm falling in love with you, Blake," I repeated, more serious this time. "I realized it a while ago, but I was too afraid to say anything. I didn't know how to tell you or even if I should tell you."

His brows drew inward. "Why would you wonder if you should tell me? It's not like it's something I wouldn't want to know, Kenz."

I shook my head. "I don't know. I guess I'm just unsure of what to do because I'm supposed to be leaving Maine soon and I don't know how that's going to affect our relationship."

He looked sad for a moment but seemed to brush that off quickly. "We'll work it out, Kenz. I don't know what to say. I don't know how we'll figure it out, but I know we will."

He didn't seem to shy away from the idea of trying to keep our relationship going even after I was gone, which did surprise me a bit.

"Do you think we can handle a long-distance relationship, Blake?" I questioned, half expecting him to say no.

"Of course," he said to my surprise. "I don't see why we couldn't figure something out. Just because it's long-distance doesn't mean we'll never see each other. There's FaceTime and stuff like that too."

I must've looked skeptical because he continued like he was trying to convince me.

"Look, Kenzie, I don't have all the answers, but I want this to work," he said sincerely. "I don't know where you're headed off to or what my job is going to require from me over the next several months, but I'm positive we can make a long-distance relationship work somehow. You know why I think that? Because of what you just told me. And I'm falling in love with you too. That's got to mean more than just a short-term thing. Now that I've spent this much time with you and after everything we've been through... I can't imagine not having you in my life. We'll make it work, Kenz. I'm sure of that."

I was still skeptical, but I wasn't going to make him have to explain his thinking any further. I knew how he felt. I knew how I felt. We were in a good place with each other, and I didn't want to make him think I wasn't totally committed to our relationship working out after I left.

"I hope you're right," was all I could think to say.

Blake smiled sweetly and leaned over to kiss me. He caressed my cheek as our one kiss turned into long, lingering kisses. It was the type of kissing that was going to quickly turn into something more. And it did.

"I want to make love to you, Kenzie," Blake whispered in my ear as he kissed my neck.

I couldn't help but moan his name. I was already soaking wet again.

"I want you to," I told him, tracing my fingers down his chest.

Blake climbed back on top of me, his lips never leaving my neck in the process. I wrapped my legs around his waist and moaned loudly in his ear as I felt him enter me once more. It was slow and sweet this time. He was thick and rigid, but somehow his cock pulsing inside me felt gentle and loving. He gradually began to move faster, but nothing like the first time. It was a slow, lingering session that melted my heart as he moved inside me.

"You feel so good, Blake," I moaned as he slid into me again and again, making sure to go as deep as he could.

I slowly dragged my nails down his back, feeling goosebumps rise beneath my fingertips. He felt amazing inside my pussy, and I couldn't believe I'd gotten so lucky to have such an amazing man in my life.