24 - Chamber Of Reflection

This chapter is brought to you by: @LuciferTheFallen16 AND AN AUTHOR WHO IS WAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW EPISODE COMING TOMORROW !!!

A/N: I made SUPER COOL art of comic y/n, but it got ruined and I'm so mad about it. I HATE THIS COMPUTERRRR! I guess I'll just post the remnants of what's left, but it looks weird asf and tbh it hurts my eyes (future hoaa here, this picture wouldn't upload for the LIFE OF ME)

Recommended song while reading: Chamber Of Reflection by Mac DeMarco

With hands resting comfortably by your sides, you waltzed over to Ragatha's room with newfound determination and a little bit of pep in your step. You should've felt drained. Well, at least the average person would've, after having 3 nightmares in one day, and watching your best friend die in one of them. However, you were anything but the average person. 

Was this how superheroes were formed? Living a normal life until one day they are blessed (well, more like cursed) with abnormal abilities that they can use to make the world they live in a better place? That was most likely the case, but you felt way too cowardly to be a superhero. Too anxious, too skittish. Plus, you had no motive for your good deeds, and no supervillain to protect your citizens from. 

If you did actually decide to ponder more on the subject, it would be apparent that you indeed did have a motive, as well as the closest thing to a supervillain the circus would ever see. Multiple supervillains, actually. Jax and Gummigoo were the main two that stood out, but in the digital realm there was the final boss of supervillains that hid in plain sight, befriending the circus's residents and hiding malicious intent behind the appearance of help. 

Perhaps it was only Caine's code that caused him to be the way he is, and sometimes he seemed too naive to be self-aware of his actions. But you knew better. He was the one who trapped you here after all, and he was the one who was coded to keep you here at whatever costs necessary. To be a good superhero, you shouldn't fret over the minor disturbances, such as the locked up bunny with a superiority complex. If the world had given you these powers, you needed to use them to free everybody else from the circus. 

But alas, you were too busy thinking about a way to surprise and apologize to your rag doll friend to come to the realization of any of this. For now, you were just another resident who happened to have a strange ability that could only benefit you in the long run. 

Arriving at Ragatha's door after a fair amount of "time," you almost raised your hand to knock before realizing your stupidity. She was still at the adventure with everybody else except Zooble. So you opted for hoping the door was unlocked. 

Looking at the door's picture of the happy-and-smiley Raggedy Ann doll, you gently held the golden doorknob and twisted it. You didn't feel like using brute force to get in, but you were lucky. The door opened easily, as if Ragatha knew you would come in and purposefully left her room easily accessible for you. She didn't, but it felt good to imagine that sometimes.

Stepping into the dimly lit room, you turned on the corner lamp above her rocking chair to get a better view of the room. You had been here just the other day, but due to the not-so-good pacing of the book it was probably over 10 chapters ago. Most of the walls were either lined with yarn, or finished projects. There was barely any room to move around, and the floor was littered with knotted string in a wide array of colors. 

Doing your best to step over the yarn scattered throughout the room, you thought perhaps sorting out this room for her would be a decent apology. Some people believe actions speak louder than words, and others believe quite the opposite. You believed Ragatha was one of the former, so an act of kindness like this would hopefully make her day. Other people, like Pomni, would be the latter, as she would much rather take kind words of appreciation.