2 - Welcoming

This chapter was brought to you by: wheelofnames.com !!!

"Yeah... I really wasn't listening... In all honesty, I'm just really overwhelmed and I'm not exactly sure this has sunk in yet... Is this actually real or-" you begin, quickly cutting yourself off before you begin to have some sappy monologue about your already forming existential dread. And for most likely the third or fourth time, everyone around you goes silent in astonishment. That seems to be a pattern here.

A hand reaches out to you, and you look up to see a friendly, motherlike figure staring down at you with welcoming eyes. 

"Dear friend, you're not alone. I'm... afraid to say this is indeed your new life, but... many find they can adjust quite quickly! And seeing as how you've already handled this, I'd say that'll be no problem for you at all. You never really get used to the blaring music or the overwhelming colors, but perhaps you'll be lucky and your room will be more peaceful!"

Hesitantly, you reach forward and grab her hand, allowing her to successfully pull you back up onto your feet. Looking up at her still, you ponder if you have always been this short...

"Oh, who am I to let us remain strangers! My name is Ragatha; I'd say it suits my look pretty well, don't you think?" For the first time since you've arrived, you let out a small genuine smile. 

"Yeah... I should probably introduce myself too. My name is... huh..." Ragatha's smile is replaced by a brief look of sympathy, before she continues her act of being perfectly-fine and well put together.

"I also fear to inform you that we... kinda... forget everything? Once we enter the digital circus... But, don't worry! You'll probably make a bunch of new memories here. And the best place to start is a new name. Got anything in mind?"

Your mind goes blank and nothing comes to you. But after another short moment of silence, a name pops into your head, almost as if it was someone speaking directly into your ear. Your eyes widen slightly, but not enough to be noticed by anyone else.

"Y- Y/N..."

"Y/N?" Ragatha repeats. "It sounds like a lovely name! And it really suits your vibe too!"

Before you can respond, you hear that oh so annoying voice interrupt all this fluff with, "I think it's boring. Should've named yourself something like... hm... Megatron."

You respond with a stunned silence, followed by a quiet chuckle. "And what's your name? Destroyer of Galaxies?" 

Rabbit boy put on a peeved face, but you can tell deep down that the only reason it was there was to hide a smirk. "I'll have you know, that my name is even better than that! It's Jax. Remember this time, cause I ain't repeating it."

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind so I make sure not to call you that." you tease back. His pupils shrunk in shock, not really expecting you to be so composed, let alone brave enough to talk back to him. 

"Oh I am TOTALLY gonna prank you..." he whispered softly, letting his signature grin back onto his face.

Before you can let out another remark (as you have discovered it is quite good entertainment to piss off the Destroyer of Galaxies) the weird amalgamation of mix-matched shapes walks up to you. 

"Takes a lot of nerve to talk to Jax like that. I like that in you kid. The name's Zooble." they informed calmly, before doing some weird handshake that you knew how to do, but couldn't remember learning. Must've been a common thing in your life before you ended up here.

Before the others had a chance to approach, which it didn't really look like they wanted to (the chess piece didn't even seem to notice you had arrived, or maybe he had but had forgotten just as quickly) the rag doll who's name you just learned was Ragatha, grabs your hand and leads you to who knows where.