9 - Pomni And A Flower

This chapter is brought to you by: @Alextheplush !!!

A/N: I've finally finished the cover art! That was a lie, there's a few aspects I'm not very fond of which will most likely be edited. But it will basically look the same, minus some better lighting on Y/N and more vibrant colors on the title text. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program!

P.S: apologies to alextheplush, because every time they recommend the next scenario there's an author's note, and I feel like that somewhat diminishes their contribution. thank you for reading this and recommending future parts <3

"Yeah actually. Why don't we draw together? I've noticed that you have some paper and colored pencils in that drawer over there!" you suggest.

"I would enjoy doing that, and luckily for you they're untouched! I haven't had much motivation to draw... let alone do anything..." Pomni recalled, letting out an obviously forced chuckle at the end of her depressing statement. Your lips pursed as you broke eye contact awkwardly, desperate to change the situation.

"I can't remember if I had any drawing skills in my... past life? Would that be the correct term? I'm assuming you do though, as you're the one with drawing supplies in your room," you began, trying to extinguish the burning fire known as awkwardness. 

"I don't believe I've tried drawing since I've got here, but I'm willing to give it a shot." It had become obvious that the bond you guys had formed over the past who knows how long (time was a construct that ceased to exist in this digital realm) was beginning to diminish, and you were dedicated to fix that now that you knew how easy it was to break Pomni's shield. Wow, when you thought like that it was like you were trying to sabotage her. 

You stood in silence, similar as to your first interactions with each other, before eventually you took the initiative and walked over to where you saw her drawing materials. It was really nothing special, and quite minuscule to the collection of an actual artist, but as Pomni hadn't drawn yet and most likely hadn't been granted more supplies by Caine, it was expected. You recall during a conversation you recently had with Ragatha that she too started with only a single spool of yarn and a crochet hook. Ragatha had no recollection of her previous human hobbies of crocheting, and you found it interesting how a rod of aluminum and some colored string had been the spark to what her room was today. 

"Y/N?" Pomni questioned. Her soft voice was all it took to snap you out of your thoughts that you seemed to get lost in quite often. But would you always have somebody to pull you out? 

"Sorry, it appears I was thinking again... what a dangerous thing to do." And then you heard it. The sound of Pomni's laugh. It wasn't as jolly as some of her previous ones, but it resembled the reforming of a bond, like the repair of shattered glass. As you rummaged through the materials to get necessary colors as well as a couple sheets of paper, you couldn't help but be reminded of the toothpaste metaphor. It was usually depicted as once it's squeezed out, you could never put it all back in. One comment made by Pomni ruined a whole day's (you probably shouldn't use that word here, time or any knowledge of it was a lie, and you would have to get used to that) worth of befriending, and even if you spent the rest of your pitiful miserable life trying to put the toothpaste back into its container, it would never fully go back in. Or at least it wouldn't be forgotten until around a week later, unless you count when you go to bed and instead of sleeping your mind decides to replay every mistake you've made. 

You didn't realize you had frozen in place, contemplation fresh on your mind, until you came back to the world and noticed Pomni sitting criss-crossed next to you. Her eyes pierced into your soul, but not in a creepy way. Almost as if she was waiting for your departure from your mind.