6 - Fixing the 4th Wall

This chapter is brought to you by: @Alextheplush !!!

A/N: From this chapter and onwards, I would like to hear everybody's opinion if they are willing to share it. If you have chosen the story's course in previous chapters, you may still comment your decision on what should happen next, however if someone else comments who has not made a choice previously, it will be picked instead. This has not become a problem yet (or at least one I am aware of) because this book is fairly new, so I do not have much commenters. But, if this book does happen to gain traction, I would like everyone to get their input in. Have an amazing day, and let's continue on with the story <3

You awaken in your bed as if no time has passed at all. The universe has made its decision. Or, perhaps you should say, you made the decision in your sleep subconsciously. Ragatha's been so welcoming, and your only friend so far, so it would make sense to spend the day with her! Plus, you were looking forward to seeing the progress on your gift. 

You stretch after hopping out of your bed eagerly. First your neck, then your arms, then your back, then your legs. Feeling freshly invigorated, you let your day begin. 

As you step out of your room with a bit of pep in your step, you look behind you as the door closes, and glance at the picture of you that decorates your door. "I guess that's what I look like now," you state, emotionless, as you aren't exactly sure how you should feel. Luckily for you, Ragatha's room was extremely close to yours. You stroll over, and knock on her door. 

"Shave and a haircut, two bits," you think to yourself as you knock 7 times, making the all too familiar rhythm that everyone could recognize. The door opens to show a peeved, very tired Ragatha, glaring down at you before her face quickly softened.

"Oh, Y/N! Such a pleasure to see you! My apologies for seeming so irritated at first, I just woke up and I assumed it was Jax because you knock the same way he does! Please, come on in!" She opens the door even wider, and stands to the side, giving you a clear passageway to enter. As you do you can hear her softly hum the jingle you knocked on the door. 

Her room was yet again a mess. Probably a common occurrence, same as everyone getting shocked when you did something even slightly out of the ordinary. At least, whatever was considered the ordinary here. First your eyes dart to her unmade bed which it was very clear she had just crawled out of, and then you found yourself looking at the wooden rocking chair, with an almost finished doll sitting on its cushion. 

You begin to saunter towards the chair slowly, perplexed and curious at what Rag was making. You couldn't recall ever seeing something like it before, but it was real pretty and excellently crafted. 

"Nuh uh uh!" the rag doll exclaimed before grabbing you by your shoulders and helping you sit down onto her bed. "That my friend, as aforementioned, is a surprise. That means you can't know what it is!" She then winked. Ragatha was so playful, and her positivity was contagious. "But let me assure you, it's almost complete! You'll have it by lunch!" 

As you grinned at the ball of sunshine who's room you were currently in, you observed as she grabbed something off of a shelf near her bed. Not her yarn shelf, which was on the other side of the room, but a shelf that displayed some of her other hand crafted knick knacks. As she placed it gently in your hands, you identified it as a white crochet slug. 

"I've noticed you're very fidgety, so I don't mind if you play with this while I finish up your gift. I like to call it a Fidget Slug. Squish it together, pull it apart, twist it in itself, tie it in a knot, whatever keeps your hands busy!" You immediately thank her, and then proceed to twiddle it around your fingers. Ragatha really was good at crocheting. Did she learn it here, or had she known how to do it before hand? If the latter was the case, does that mean that muscle memory carried through? Did Ragatha even remember she knew how to crochet when she entered the digital realm, or had she just picked up a hook and some yarn and immediately made a blanket? Your final conclusion on the matter was that thoughts were much too overwhelming, and right now you should focus on the moment.