𝖽.𝗆 - 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽

*requested*
                        ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Once upon a time, the planets and the fates and all the stars aligned, you and I ended up in the same room

At 16 years old, it was your first time meeting the famed Draco Malfoy. You'd heard about him for years but never truly had the chance to meet him until now - at the Winter Ball your parents hosted. Your eyes found his as soon as he walked in, and you watched a soft smile bloom on his lips. 

And the touch of a hand lit the fuse, of a chain reaction of countermoves

A blush creeped onto your cheeks as he took your hands in his, leading you to the center of the dancefloor. "Do I make you nervous?" He asked, smirking. "You wish." You counter, your body igniting as you feel his arm slither around your waist. 

To assess the equation of you, checkmate, I couldn't lose

Your dress was a blur of blue as you danced across the room. His eyes were fixed solely on yours, tearing his gaze away momentarily to glance at your lips. At that very moment, you knew you'd gotten exactly what you wanted. 

What if I told you none of it was accidental, and the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me?

A week prior to this, you were the one who'd planted the idea of a ball to your parents, especially the idea of inviting the Malfoys over. 

I laid the groundwork and then, just like clockwork, the dominoes cascaded in a line

You knew exactly when the Malfoys were due to show up, and so you'd waited by the door, waiting patiently to greet them in. 

What if I told you I'm a mastermind?, and now you're mine, it was all by design, 'cause I'm a mastermind

Your lips curved into a smile as he walked into your dorm with a bouquet of flowers, "Happy anniversary, my love." Pulling him into a hug, you felt him place a kiss on your hair, holding you tighter.

You see, all the wisest women, had to do it this way

You and Draco were stood on the side, fingers interlocked with each other's as you watched your best friend plan out her interaction with her crush the way you had done just over a year ago. 

'Cause we were born to be the pawn, in every lover's game

"You did this too?" He asked, laughing. "Of course I did. There was no other way to get you to notice me," you replied, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I would've noticed you either way." Draco stated, holding you close to him. 

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail, strategy sets the scene for the tale

"Nothing happens without a gentle push, love. I gave fate the shove it needed. Without my plan, we wouldn't be here right now." You declared, shrugging casually, "Every single part of the plan set the path for our future." 

I'm the wind in our free-flowing sails, and the liquor in our cocktails

"So you're the mastermind." Draco said, raising a brow. "Your words, not mine," you reply, grinning. He shook his head, laughing as you took a sip of champagne from your glass. 

No one wanted to play with me as a little kid, so I've been scheming like a criminal ever since

As you watched Draco walk away, you thought about why you resorted to planning out your every interaction. You could clearly remember the way you used to mess up every conversation and every meeting you'd ever had - leading to you having to spend a secluded childhood. 

To make them love me and make it seem effortless

Since then, you'd put all your effort into making everything perfect for those around you, making sure that they never left. 

This is the first time I've felt the need to confess

You never thought you'd ever tell anyone about what you do for others, and what you've always done to get people to notice you.

And I swear, I'm only cryptic and Machiavellian 'cause I care

"Do you think I'm weird for doing that?" You ask Draco as he comes back to you. "For doing what?" He replies. "For planning out our every move." You sigh, holding his arm. "Of course not," he assures you, placing a soft kiss on your forehead. "It's because I care. I swear." 

So I told you none of it was accidental, and the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me, 

"I had a ton of back up plans in place. In case the first one didn't work out. Absolutely nothing was going to stop me, that day." You confess to him, smiling proudly. "I'm glad the first one worked out then." He replied, pulling you into a kiss. 

I laid the groundwork and then saw a wide smirk, on your face, you knew the entire time

"You want to know a secret, darling?" Draco asked as he held you in his arms, laying in his bed late at night. You hum in reply, eager to know. "I knew. From the day I met you, I knew what you've been doing." Your head shot up at the confession. There was a smirk on his lips, "I'm not stupid, you know." Shaking your head, you laugh, laying your head on his chest again. 

You knew that I'm a mastermind, and now you're mine, yeah, all you did was smile, 'cause I'm a mastermind

                        ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

this is a bit rushed but it was requested, so!! 

i am open to any other song recs for any other boys x

love,
M <3