𝗍.𝗋 - 𝗐𝖺𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌

Come to me in the night hours, I will wait for you

The sleeplessness had been wearing you out for weeks, and everybody seemed to notice, though you played it off. Grumbling under your breath, you grabbed your robe, throwing it over your translucent nightgown as you slipped out of the room. There was one place you'd been going every night, and one person that would wait there for you, every single night. The winter breeze made you shiver as you made the journey down the steps and to the Black Lake. Like clockwork, you spotted the silhouette of Tom Riddle leaning against a tree, his gaze fixated on the unmoving water. "Hello," he greeted, not needing to turn around to know it was you approaching. "Hi Tom," you gripped the robe tighter, shielding yourself from the cold. "We need to fix your sleep issue." He stated, finally turning to look at you. Your gaze met his in a clash, though you refused to look away from the power in his stare. "Maybe we don't," you shrugged casually, sitting down on the gravel. "Yes we do. Your lack of sleep is affecting your physical and mental strength. I need you at your strongest." He grit out, clasping his hands behind your back. Of course he needed you at your best, you were his strongest soldier, apart from Malfoy. But you would never tell him that you enjoyed these late night rendezvous with the prefect. 

And I can't sleep 'cause thoughts devour, thoughts of you consume

You tried to sleep again the next night, but the same thing happened as soon as your eyes shut. Flashes of memories of you and Tom came flooding in. The feeling, the tension. The way every small touch of his hand against yours made your entire body ignite. The intensity of his glare and the way it made you shrivel. The rare softness in his eyes whenever he'd found you injured. You cursed him, though you knew he wasn't to blame for the way your heart skipped a beat every time your gaze fell on his. Even when he wasn't there, there was only him. 

I can't help but love you, even though I try not to

 You hated the way your heartbeat stuttered when your eyes met his, your lips curling into a soft smile. Never expecting him to reciprocate it, you looked away and turned your focus back to the Professor. You cursed yourself for falling for the one person you couldn't have. That winter break, you'd found yourself in Eastern Europe with Tom and the Knights. Your breath whooshed out of your lungs as someone propelled you into the wall behind you. Your eyes flickered open, and you saw Tom pressing your attacker against the wall. The rage in his eyes was something you'd never want aimed towards you. You narrowed your eyes towards him in admiration, before suddenly remembering your situation. 

I can't help but want you, I know that I'd die without you

"He's too toxic for you, y/n. Why don't you understand? He cannot love you!" Your best friend said, trying to talk some sense into you. You ignored her, as you'd always done. She wouldn't understand, no one would. No one would understand the way he made you feel, the sense of safety around him. 

"Where's Tom?" You asked Malfoy. "On another mission." He replied, before walking away. Feeling your heart tighten, your pace sped up as you walked towards your dorm. It was dangerous, way too dangerous for him to be out alone. Though you knew he could handle himself, you couldn't help the rising feeling of fear in you. He can't die. 

Stay with me a little longer, I will wait for you

Tom strolled into the Great Hall, his gaze immediately finding you. He restrained the warmth that rose in him as he approached you. "Y/n," he whispered in your ear, making you flinch. "I'm not talking to you." You stated, unbothered to look at him. Though he'd never admit it, your words stung, evoking a scowl on his face. "Please," his voice was so low that you could barely hear, but even then, you were unsure that he'd said what you thought he said. "No." You finalised, though your voice wavered with uncertainty. He straightened his back, clasping his hands behind his back as he walked away, but he wasn't going to give up. He would not lose you.

Shadows creep and want grows stronger, deeper than the truth

"May I?" He offered, and you nodded slightly. He ran his fingers down your bare back, reaching for the zip of the dress. You inhaled sharply, the coldness of his skin sending a shiver through you. He tensed as he dragged the zip up, and you swore that you saw his eyes cloud with desire, if only for a moment. "Thank you," you murmured, and he inclined his head. He tried to recover from the overwhelming need he felt for you, but it seemed to haze his mind. 

I can't help but love you, even though I try not to

Tom cursed himself as he paced his dorm, images of you flashing through his mind. The softness of your skin, the warmth that radiated off of you, the joy in your smile. It overwhelmed him, you overwhelmed him. He felt rather idiotic around you, obsession and desire overriding his common sense, his logical mind. It wasn't love, it couldn't be. He had to assure himself that it wasn't, that he wasn't weak. But with every interaction with you, he seemed to be less sure of that. 

I can't help but want you, I know that I'd die without you

"Stay alive." He ordered, staring into your eyes. "Is that my only instruction?" You asked, a witty smile curling at the corners of your lips. "That will always be your only instruction." He assured, preventing himself from holding your hands in his. "If you go, you take me with you," he whispered, low enough that he hoped you hadn't heard him. 

I can't help but be wrong in the dark, 'cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts

You were wrong for loving him. You knew it. Your feelings were misplaced, you were falling for the wrong person. But there was nothing you could do to stop it. 

I can't help but want oceans to part, 'cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts

He doubted it would ever happen. For the first time in his life, he was unsure of something. And that was you. He didn't know how he felt, and why he does what he does when it comes to you, but he knew that he would do anything for you. But he needed a miracle to be with you. Because there was no way you felt the same way he did when he is the way he is. 

                                 ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

This is really bad and rushed but I wanted to give y'all some T.R content 😭 

please feel free to leave ideas for the next reacts/imagines in the comments and any criticisms you have!

don't forget to leave a vote if you liked this chapter! xx

love,
M <3