𝗆.𝗋 - 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗉𝗍.2

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

The events of the previous night kept coming back to you, making the following day appear to drag on. Despite everything, you remained close to Theo and Pansy and made every effort not to even glance in Mattheo's direction.

Theo sat down next to you as you entered Transfiguration, but you seemed to turn to face Mattheo, who sat down across from you. His girlfriend was sitting by him. She gave you a smile, and you returned the favour. Theo's hand was firmly grasping your leg and making circular motions on your skin. 

Mattheo's jaw clenched, his fists gripping the wooden desk, as he observed the action. It seems that his girlfriend noticed, as she put her palm over his, trying to soothe him, even though she had no idea what had gotten him worked up like that. You felt relaxed and comfortable around Theo, and you gladly returned the feeling to him. As you moved closer to Theo, you allowed him to carry on with what he was doing while you started to take notes.

You could feel Mattheo staring at you with a searing gaze, but you opted to ignore it. 

You and Theo packed up first when the class concluded, so you could leave before Mattheo. Walking you down the busy hallway to Defence Against The Dark Arts, Theo's hand was entwined with yours. He walked over to the classroom and pressed a gentle kiss on your forehead as he said goodbye. You sauntered into the classroom with your head down, feeling your cheeks burn up at the gesture.

You scoffed quietly, watching Mattheo from the corner of your eye, as he took a seat beside you.

You made every effort to pay attention as the teacher started his lesson, but you were unable to do so because of Mattheo's imposing presence. "What are you up to, y/n?" A familiar chill ran down your spine as he whispered in your ear. "I don't know what you're talking about." You easily replied, writing down what the professor had said.

"You can't expect me to believe that you and Theo are together now, can you?" With an unmistakably arrogant tone, he asked. "Why is it so hard to believe?" There was a challenge in your voice, even if you were still not inclined to look at him.

Your teacher gave you some homework to complete before leaving the room for the moment. You found yourself cursing him. Mattheo gently pulled your chin to face him with his index finger. A flicker of rage flared in your eyes, then dissipated as you met his gaze.

"Look me in my eyes and tell me you're with Theo." 

His eyes appeared to be silently pleading, holding out hope that you would claim you weren't. However, you concluded that it was your time to have fun, "Yes. I am." 

After that, the lesson seemed to go by quickly, and you were eager to get out. Theo was waiting for you outside the classroom. You smiled and walked over to him. 

You grabbed his tie and dragged him down before he could realise you were acting. In an instant, your lips met his, and as he grabbed you to support you, your body relaxed into his arms.

For a brief moment, you opened your eyes and saw Mattheo go by while wearing an expression of wrath. Even though you were hesitant, you eventually withdrew yourself from Theo. 

He whispered, "Ciao bella," in disbelief, "What was that for?" You led him away from the classroom by unconsciously linking your fingers together and saying, "I might have told Mattheo that we were dating." You swore that Theo's face flickered with sadness, but it was quickly replaced by a broad grin, "I see."

                                              ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

You weren't able to get any sleep that night. You snatched your robe, threw it on over your silk nightgown, and headed out of your room.

The Black Lake gleamed in the moon's radiant light. You wandered along the empty corridors until you came to the Astronomy Tower and up the well-known stairs. You enjoyed it, but you weren't sure when your stargazing infatuation started.

You noticed a shadowy figure leaning on the edge as you got closer to the top. "I apologise. I'm going to go." You started to turn away after apologising when a recognisable voice said, "No. Stay."

Mattheo. You gently chewed your lips as panic began to set in. You moved closer to him slowly. When he turned to face you, you spotted his red eyes and the dry tears that had collected on his cheeks right away. "You were crying. Why?" Maintaining a safe gap between you two, you inquired. "I broke up with her," he began, and you acknowledged him with a nod, "but that's not why."

Your eyes grew slightly wider, but you remained silent, letting him carry on. "Why are you with him?" He questioned in a calm voice. "What does that have to do with you? I don't get it," you stated, crossing your arms over your chest. "It is entirely related to me. Why?" He proceeded. "Because he is a good person. He's witty, compassionate, and caring."

"What does he have that I don't?" Mattheo mocked. At his words, everything in the moment stopped. What does he have that I don't? 

"What are you implying, Matt?" You asked cautiously, instinctively resorting to using the nickname you'd given him. "You know exactly what I'm trying to say." Mattheo approached you, leaving barely any space between you two. He towered over you, and the moonlight shining on his face only enhanced his beauty.

"Why do you love him, and not me?"

At those words, your self-restraint snapped, "Fuck you. I do love you. I've loved you since fourth year. It was you who didn't love me that way. I tried to show you, but you were oblivious to it all. Instead, you indulged in your fair share of girls while I was on the side, watching you. But you didn't seem to give two shits." 

There was an expression of confusion on his face, "I've loved you since fourth year! I thought you didn't see me that way, so I didn't force you to reciprocate the feelings I felt. Those girls were merely a way for me to try and get your attention. I never meant to make you feel as though I didn't care for you. In fact, you're the only one I care for, y/n. Only you." 

Time and space came to a standstill at your confession, at his confession. In an instant, his lips met yours, and everything felt right to you. Your fingers grabbed at his hair, his arms tightly around your waist. Mattheo pushed you against the wall, a groan slipping past your lips. 

"Fuck," he muttered, pulling away. 

"I'm yours, my darling. Forever and always," Mattheo whispered, gazing into your eyes. 

"Forever and always."

                                              ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

I'd love to hear your thoughts! was this too short, too long, too vague? let me know :)

love,
M <3