𝗆.𝗋 - 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗉𝗍.1

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Since year one, you and Mattheo had been best friends. There had been no awkward stage with him, which you were very grateful for. Still, even now that you were both in sixth year, you guys were inseparable. 

"Matt, slow down!" you called out to him, frantically running after him down the crowded hallway. You could barely see as he turned around to grin at you, before sprinting off again. Groaning, you ran after him. Clutching onto your schoolbag for dear life, you turned the corner, only to bump straight into him. He steadied you, his arms around your waist as he held you upright. 

"Woah, watch where you're going, y/n." 

You scoff, punching his arm before walking off. His footsteps were frantic as he chased after you, groaning softly as he matched your pace. "I'll drop you to Potions," Mattheo offered, smiling at you. Trying your hardest to not smile, you just nod, looking straight ahead. "You're not going to give me the silent treatment are you?" He asked, looking down at you. When you didn't reply, he laughed, and moved to stand in front of you, blocking your way. You raised a brow at him, daring him to do something. 

"Even without words, you're still scary." Mattheo chuckled, but refused to move. "Mattheo, for fuck's sake, move." You groaned, attempting to push him out of the way. You knew it was useless, not only was he taller than you, he was also much stronger. "Ah, so you do talk," he smirked, lightly grabbing your chin and tilting it up.

As you'd always done, you got lost in his eyes. The caramel eyes that gleamed with mischief every time you looked at them. His eyes that seemed to lure you in, and trap you in them. 

"Let me take you to Potions. Then you can keep giving me the silent treatment," he stated, grasping your wrist and dragging you along with him.

                                              ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

As you lounged on his bed, with him resting on his chair, you reached for the bottle of firewhiskey that was on the ground. Grimacing, you downed the little alcohol there was left. "What's up with you today? You drank almost the entire bottle by yourself." Mattheo asked, his words slightly slurred as he joined you on the bed. The weight of his body sank you deeper into the mattress, and you couldn't help but move closer to him, to feel the warmth that radiated off of him. His touch was gentle as he held your thigh, his thumb rubbing circles across your skin. A chill ran down your spine at his delicacy with you. 

"Tell me what's wrong." He whispered, keeping his eyes on yours. You've wished you could for the past year, but you knew it would ruin your friendship. How were you to tell your best friend that you're in love with him? "School," you lied, hoping he'd believe it. Instead, he laughed, "You're expecting me to believe that bullshit?" 

Smiling half-heartedly, you shook your head. "So tell me the truth, y/n." 

Looking into his eyes, it seemed easy, so easy to just tell him. To spill open all of your thoughts to him. But it was too easy. 

"I can't." You stated, tearing your stare away from him. Just then, Theodore stormed into the room, beginning a ramble about some girl before freezing. "Sorry mate, I'll leave," he shot an apologetic look to you. Theo knew exactly how you felt about Mattheo, having overheard a conversation between you and Pansy. 

"No, I was just leaving," you interrupt, getting out of bed and straightening your uniform, "Bye guys."

                                              ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────