𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖻𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗉𝖾 𝗉𝗍.2 - 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄 𝗏𝖾𝗋.

*rival families and they find out*
                               ────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Draco Malfoy:

when you see him in school after the winter break, he looks worse than ever

dark eye bags, paler skin, no more light in his eyes, you start to worry about him

you sit next to him in the Great Hall for breakfast one morning, and nudge him, trying to get him to talk

⛤ instead, he doesn't even look at you and gets up and walks away

⛤ a week has passed with no contact between you and you get really concerned, thinking his father did something

⛤ somehow, you get him alone for a few minutes, "What is wrong with you?"

⛤ he stays silent, refusing to meet your stare

⛤ "Draco, please. You're scaring me."

⛤ "Can't you just leave me alone, y/l/n? You've been following me for the past week."

⛤ You feel your heart crack at his words, and you move back from him, wrapping your arms around yourself

⛤ "What are you talking about? I just want to check up on you." You reply, but he cuts you off, "I don't want you to check up on me. I need you to leave me alone."

⛤ with that, you felt your heart shatter into irreparable pieces, and you nod, tears streaming down your face as you walk away

⛤ Draco watched you walk away, and he felt pain like never before. The one person he wanted, he needed, most in the world was walking away from him at that very moment. But he knew he could not do anything about it if he wanted to protect you. So he let you go.

⛤ His eyes were bloodshot, forcing himself not to run after you. He couldn't let you endure what he'd gone through when his father found out about your relationship. He refused to put you through that pain, so he decided that this was for the best.

⛤ Tears ran down his cheeks as he vowed that he would do anything to keep you safe

Mattheo Riddle:

The first time you see him after the summer holidays, he has visible bruises on his face and across his body, no doubt, from the way he was limping

"Matt, what happened? Your father?" You asked, keeping your voice down. "I got into a fight. Nothing that concerns you, y/l/n." 

You laugh when he calls you by your last name, "This is a joke right? Back to last name?" He glared at you, grabbing your wrist and pulling you close, "I don't want to talk to you. Am I clear?" Disgusted, you pull away from him, "Learn some fucking manners, Riddle. Then come find me."

The next week goes by without contact between you two, but you can tell he's watching you

One morning, as you and Pansy made your way to the Great Hall, you noticed Mattheo walking in. Your heart sank as you realised there was a girl beside him, arms locked with his as they walked into the hall. 

"What the fuck does he think he's doing?" Pansy cursed, storming up to him. You held her back, "No, Pans. It's fine." Your voice was shaky as you spoke, though your grip tight enough to keep her from going after him. 

As soon as you both walked in, Mattheo's eyes fell on yours. You swore you saw a flash of longing and misery in his eyes, but it was gone as quickly as it came.