Maggi

Maggi's smile was hurting her face when she emerged from the basement of her lair. Sabrina was sprawled across one of the beanbags and Norma materialized from a corner. She threw off her mask and pressed a button that turned off the voice changer. Sabrina jolted up and threw herself at Maggi. 
"Oh my gosh! I have been so bored waiting for you! What took you hours to complete?" Maggi cringed away from her. She had forgotten how clingy Sabrina was. She knew that when she entered another person's memories time still moved on around her, but she didn't think it would be hours. 
"Sorry, I got wrapped up in.... things." She didn't want to give Sabrina any more leverage over Dan or Henry. She wanted to do it herself for once. She backed up another step and Norma was there. Maggi watched as Sabrina's eyes flickered between Norma and Maggi and betrayal flashed for a second. She felt arms wrap around her and breath next to her ear. 
"I don't trust her. I know she's your best friend and all, but please tread carefully." Norma's whispers sent a shiver through Maggi, but not a good one. She nodded, hopefully imperceptibly. She gave a half smile to Sabrina before moving to her computer. She turned on the cameras to the lair basement and the one to Henry and Dan's apartment. Henry was pacing along the length of their couch. His sobs were broken and gasping. It was a shame that he wasn't going to live long enough for Dan to hear them, though. It almost made Maggi feel bad. Sabrina draped an arm around her shoulders and Maggi flinched again. Something about her touch made her skin crawl. Something that hadn't happened last time they saw each other. 
"What is with you?" Sabrina demanded. "You keep flinching away from my touch. Did I do something? Is it her?" She turned towards Norma. Her gaze burning with hatred. Maggi felt the static in the air that always came when Sabrina was going to open a portal into space. She grabbed onto her arm and took her hand. 
"Bri, calm down. It's not her. I'm sorry, I don't mean to flinch away. It's just been awhile." Sabrina's face softened and she latched onto Maggi. Her arms wrapping around Maggi's shoulders. Maggi did her best to consciously not stiffen. She turned back to the screen and focused on Dan. He was staring at the wall. His stare was empty with something dark clearly brewing behind them. She saw the same darkness that was surfacing in herself. A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. He wouldn't need much more of a push. It would be nice to not have to worry about a superpowered individual. To have control of when and where to let him get out of hand. She sank into a beanbag and sighed, very content. But something was wrong. She no longer wanted Sabrina to be in the picture. She wanted her to not be a burden anymore. To finally be free. With no expectations. No more hiding in the shadows. No needing to answer to her call. She wanted that. No matter how clingy Sabrina was. No matter how she tried to get Maggi's unwavering loyalty, it died the moment she strayed from the plan that day. Maggi glanced around and found Norma's eyes. She nodded as gently as she could. Norma's face tensed and she was gone. Maggi felt her body dissolve into the shadows, leaving Sabrina behind. She collapsed into Norma's arms and felt tears running down her face. 
"Why can't everything go back to normal? I just wanted my best friend back, but I can't even hug her..." Norma wrapped Maggi in a tight embrace and Maggi couldn't help but compare the warm feeling in her stomach to the crawling one she felt with Sabrina. 
"It's alright. I know how you feel. It sucks, but sometimes you just need to let people go. I'm not just saying that so I can have you to myself. I actually think it was a bad idea getting her out of jail." Maggi nodded along with Norma's words. She knew from the moment they had stepped into her cell that things wouldn't be the same. She looked up into the eyes of the only person who cared about her without her having to do anything. 
"I have an idea. Can you get Henry to the old amphitheater?" She nodded. Maggi's face was grim and menacing as she saw through the shadows Sabrina and Henry's passing faces. "I'm ending this." She looked back at Norma. "Tonight."

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed and will continue to read! If you have any tips or ideas for the final battle, please, PLEASE send them to me!