04- How Time Changes

"When our world falls apart and people give up on us, it is family that sticks by your side. It is our family that holds us and cares for us because, at the end of everything, only family matters. It hurts us and breaks us brutally, but when the time comes, it only heals our wounds." -Randhir Bajaj.

To be continued,

Randhir rolled his lower lip between his teeth as a pang arose in his heart. His knuckle swiftly reached the corner of his eyes to brush away the tear that threatened to fall off. He turned away, not wanting Khush to know or see it. His gaze froze on Pratha, who had casually turned in his direction.

Pratha's smile wavered. She definitely could make out the pain on Randhir's face. He was probably wiping a tear from his eye. When he turned away after meeting her eyes, her doubt only got deeper. She quickly smiled, looking at Khush, who was telling her a peculiar instance of eating golgappas with her students.

_____

Karan's POV

It was hardest to breathe on the windiest of days when the air was at its finest glory. Karan sat in his study with the numerous files scattered on his table. He had to finish all of them soon. He was already lagging in his work, which could affect his brother's case. But hell it, his Randhir bhaiya was not helping him; he plainly surrendered himself as the culprit, which he wasn't.

How a man can self-harm his image. Well, Randhir Bajaj can. He can torn his image and still be called an idol for all.

Karan messaged his forehead, the throbbing pain and clear annoyance becoming worse by the second. The eighteen-year-old Randhir daunted him, and work pressure aggravated him. He stretched his arm and took an aspirin. The painkillers never worked; he didn't know why he bothered.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and his friend Fiancée entered and switched on the lights. Obviously, 'best friend' knocking on the door was a bad habit.

"I don't know why you always worked under a lamp when there was proper lighting." Akshat voice was authoritative. funny when your clumsy friend being taking on the role of your mom. Maybe time had gifted this authority, or his friends allowed everything.

"I like it that way," he said, standing up and wrapping his papers. "Hello, Bhabhi," he greeted her politely

"Hello" she replied smilingly.

"We need to talk"

"I am all ears" Karan replied fixing the collar of his plain white kurta.

"You seriously need a fashion update." Akshat muttered giving his brother a once over.

Karan casted his gaze down on his best friend's face. "Came all way to tell me that, is it?"

"Nope." Akhsat replied instantly. "I heard from bhaiya Khush gifted you photo frame." When he got nothing from his friend in reply he continued.

"And you didn't tell me. Where is the bro code?"

Akshat pointed a glance towards Karan, eyeing and mostly counting off the number of bro codes he has just broken.

"Aks relax. He is trying to get my attention. Kid!" He said, in his professional tone and Vandani jaw clenched at his tone. And for Akshat it wasn't new but that doesn't mean it hurted any less.

"Stop being stoic Cheeks. Stop pretending that whatever Khush is doing doesn't affect you."

"It actually doesn't bothers me, and as long as he doesn't bother me, I don't care if he exists or not. Aur hum uske baarein mein hee kyun baat kar rahe hain" Karan lied diliently, though he was overwhelmed with all emotions and anger, but whatever he said was not justified.