new title

Daryl sat with his back against the wall, groaning in discomfort. He had made up his mind and stood up, adjusting his backpack on his back. "Get up," Daryl said, walking into the bathroom to search for any medicine or supplies.

The girl didn't know what Daryl meant when he told her to get up. She just watched as he went through the cupboards in the bathroom, gathering whatever supplies he could find into his backpack.

"You don't have a camp, right?" Daryl said, looking at a small bottle and deciding to stick it in his bag.

The girl shook her head in reply, and Daryl asked another question.

"You've been staying here alone?" He asked, not really getting much out of her other than confusion. She sat in the corner, with her knees up to her chest, and Daryl wasn't sure if she just couldn't communicate or if she simply didn't want to.

"Can you even speak?" Daryl asked, walking out of the bathroom after zipping up his bag. The girl only glared at him, clearly annoyed by his attitude and questions. Daryl sighed. He felt stupid and realized that he wasn't going to get anything out of her.

"Come on, you're coming with me kid," Daryl said, once again holding his hand out to her. This time, he gripped her arm and pulled her to her feet, leaving the girl stunned. Her eyes widened momentarily, but quickly returned to their expressionless state.

"Let's get out of here," Daryl said, leading the girl out of the house. She followed him, but she didn't say a word. As they continued to walk, Daryl tried to think of things to ask her, but he couldn't come up with anything. The girl's lack of communication made it difficult to keep a conversation going.

They got closer to the prison, which was surrounded by a gate. Inside, there were people of all ages, animals, vegetation, and no walkers in sight. A man with dark hair and a beard opened the gate and Daryl and the girl entered.

"Took you long enough, got some shit yah might like" Daryl said with a scowl, as he walked into the place followed by the girl closely behind him. The man with the dark hair and beard turned to face Daryl when he and the girl were close enough, but he didn't seem to notice her just yet.

"Who's this?" The man asked Daryl, looking at the girl for the first time.

"Dunno, found er in the woods alone," Daryl replied, his arms crossed defiantly.

"Alone?" The man repeated, his eyebrows raised with curiosity.

Daryl nodded, explaining, "She stabbed my leg. I'm still wondering how she's been surviving. I checked the house, but there was barely any food, and she's really skinny."

The man put on his best smile and turned to the girl, trying to make an effort to be friendly and welcoming.

"My name's Rick Grimes. What's your name?" The girl looked up at the kind-sounding, cop-like man, and he seemed genuine in his kindness.

"She don't talk," Daryl replied to Rick, not wanting to have to explain much about her situation. Rick turned his attention to Daryl again and they spoke in a whisper, so she couldn't hear what they were saying.

A FEW MINUTES LATER (TIME SKIP FEW MINUTES)

"Your leg shouldn't be that bad," a man remarked, sitting on a stool and looking at Daryl's injury. There was a woman sitting next to Daryl, and she smirked at him as she nudged him.

"You let a kid stab you, Daryl" she said, teasing him, and Daryl rolled his eyes.

"Hold still. I'm still stitching your leg," the old man said as he yanked the threads in and out of Daryl's leg, but Daryl's attention was focused on the girl locked in the cage.