Chapter 17: Cover Blown

(At Union Academy, the headmasters are seen with some intel they gathered from the fight between Kagerou and Lucky Clover while some of their students are still dealing with said mercenaries.)

Nezu: So the new Unity teacher is one of our old enemies.

Chifuyu: Those Unity scums... like sheltering those pathetic brats wasn't enough, they now shelter criminals.

Gendo: So this Kagerou is a former enforcer of Smart Brain...

Tsunade: Of course you realize...

Ironwood: Now this means... WAR!

(Meanwhile at Unity's hospital, Kagerou is seen recovering as Will approaches him.)

Kagerou: Headmaster? What happened?

Will: Union Academy found out about your past as an enforcer of the Smart Brain.

(He then shows a footage of Team CRDL and Bakusquad barely escaping from dying at the hands of Lucky Clover as A-Train was able to hold them off, forcing them to retreat.)

Ruan Mei: (comes in) And that's not all. They also found out about my experiments, including the creation of an army of clones.

(Kagerou then realizes it's just a matter of time until a new war between Union and Unity starts, and that he will be the indirect responsible for that, causing him to behave strangely.)

Kagerou: I guess I'm gonna have to ask for help. A help of someone I didn't contact for so long...

Ruan Mei: Well then... what is this strange behavior for?

(Kagerou then sighs as he has to tell a truth about his past, a truth nobody but him knows.)

Kagerou: (sighs) I'm not the only child in my family. I actually have an older sister named Shinomura Yorukage.

(As Will leaves, Ruan Mei pays attention to Kagerou's explanation.)

Kagerou: Ever since I joined Smart Brain, we haven't contacted each other anymore.

(Small Flashback)

(Kagerou and Yorukage are seen having an argument.)

Yorukage: (stern) You think Smart Brain is the way? Don't make me laugh!

Kagerou: (stern) Did I stutter?

Yorukage: (angry) You clearly don't understand, do you? Smart Brain is no different from Union. If people want freedom, they must earn it, liberate themselves from the yokes of oppression!

Kagerou: (glares) I'll have to disagree. Smart Brain will be the the path to liberate the people from Union rule.

(They keep glaring at each other until Yorukage decides to pack her stuff.)

Yorukage: You're nothing but a selfish individual... live your life away from mine!

(She leaves as Kagerou doesn't seem to care much.)

(Flashback End.)

(Ruan Mei heard the "Yorukage" name, and immediately remembers another school, one specialized in alchemy.)

Ruan Mei: I know where she is. (Kagerou gets confused) She is currently teaching at an academy specializing in alchemy on the outskirts of Unity City.

(Hearing this, Kagerou immediately rushes to the alchemy academy mentioned by Ruan Mei, in hopes of getting help, and most importantly, make up with the Yorukage. Because after all, Yorukage is Kagerou's only relatives after their parents fell ill and passed away.)